Car shows in the field

So beautifully integrated.
Pure craftsmanship.

attachment.php

My son who is a 68/69 Charger fanatic went over to a neighbors place about 3 miles from us to pick up a load of hay. Lo and behold the guy has a 69 charger 383 4 spd pistol grip B5 blue w/white vinyl top parked in an old wood shed. He's had it since 1974 and it was last licensed in 2009 but he barely put any miles on it over the years. He took me over there last Sunday and the farmer turned it over and it started. Puffed alot of smoke but settled down once it warmed up.

He also had a 1955 Dodge 4 door with a V8 that was his grandfathers car, 35000 miles on it. Also had a Citabria tail dragger in another shed that he flies a couple times a year. Unreal. They're still out there in places you'd never expect.

Yep....I cruise the back roads early Sunday mornings all the time looking for barn finds.

In building / barn stuff is usually nicer, rarer and in most cases not for sale. I respect the wishes of my gracious hosts. Amazing what is in some of the run down buildings thou...
These pics are from an older hunt, and still there today. Most of the places I hunt are just scrub land, tree row and south 40 fields. Its a rush driving over a hill to see a field full of reflecting light off of chrome and glass. Merry Christmas everyone!
Oh, the red 59 fury is being turned into a rat rod... someday.

1030131419a.jpg

1030131339.jpg

1030131344.jpg

1030131344a.jpg

1030131421.jpg

1030131422.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

For cantflip
Went to see my VA man

Thanks... that does it for me so much more than the C60?
Really clean dodge at the end... bet that's not for sale... or at least not in my budget.

Yes a c-60, The 68 is for sale and hes turned away 100k already. I found it while out on a run in the back of a store I had a delivery to. Originally owned by a lineman here in N.D. The young man died in a freak accident and the car sat at his parents house. Where it sat undiscovered until the early 90s. The numbers hemi is out for a refresh. I still am on the lookout for a 75 Road Runner I had in my youth (sunroof car) unfortunately the black one had an 80s pep boys special installed.

Thanks... that does it for me so much more than the C60?
Really clean dodge at the end... bet that's not for sale... or at least not in my budget.

What's a C-60?

GM medium duty chassis ... cant quote weights but little guys are hydraulic brakes up to air brakes on heavier models... designation loosely translates to weight class c40, c50, c70... I think there was c80s... not sure. Also not sure how "medium duty" the upper end of these were.

Wait. An effen 68 C-60... A hundred grand? WTF.
That's a beat up DPW truck.

Its not a hemi either... scroll up a little... bottom pic of post #30... top pic, he'd take a hundred and deliver with a smile.

I've missed this thread from the get go, wish I knew about that 66 Monaco, all kinds of goodies for the Polara.

Back