Carlisle 2021

Or move out of the toll states .... I took the tags off the trucks, auto transports and trailered vehicles, bastards.

PA announced a few years ago they will have an annual rate increase until 2040. They almost have you over a barrel as you need to take the toll roads East /West or sit In traffic and elongate your trip by hours.
And they were ALL saying back in the late '50s they're would be no more tollz once the construction costs were paid for. YEAH, AND A PIGZ *** TASTS JUST LIKE CHICKEN

And they were ALL saying back in the late '50s they're would be no more tollz once the construction costs were paid for. YEAH, AND A PIGZ *** TASTS JUST LIKE CHICKEN
That's exactly right Jer. Three bridges across the Delaware they said the same thing about. The tolls are still there and the governing authority is as crooked as an election.

That's exactly right Jer. Three bridges across the Delaware they said the same thing about. The tolls are still there and the governing authority is as crooked as an election.
Gonna miss You and your Whole Tribe My Friend. Give your Bride a peck on the cheek and ah hug from this ole dawg. I don't have to tell you what ah winner Diane iz. BTW, P.M. me where you're calling home now? Don't know if you ever spoke about Longitude and Latitude. The state isn't very wide on the north end or south end but there ain't no street to getcha north to south without goin' some place else first. lol

Last edited:
41 years ago we made the decision to move out of NY. Best thing we ever did! Between tolls, and ridiculously high property taxes and school taxes that state should be utopia with streets paved in gold. With the amount of money the state extorts from it's residents there's no excuse for the problems that exist there. :mob::soapbox:

I believe the only toll in Michigan are bridges like the $5 (one way) to cross the Big Mac Bridge and maybe a few small bridges like the Grosse Ile bridge. And of course the bridges to Canada.
I believe the Ohio and Penn turnpikes are still private entities. All tolls go back into the turnpike only.
Whenever they talk about a toll road in Michigan it’s just another road tax that would disappear somewhere else. Nobody in this state trusts Lansing with another penny in road tax.

Last edited:
Or move out of the toll states .... I took the tags off the trucks, auto transports and trailered vehicles, bastards.

PA announced a few years ago they will have an annual rate increase until 2040. They almost have you over a barrel as you need to take the toll roads East /West or sit In traffic and elongate your trip by hours.

And it's just getting worse, Governor Dumbass is planning on making other highways, and portions of highways toll roads.

There is tolls all the way from Baltimore to the Wisconsin state line.....I can't believe Wisconsin doesn't have tolls.....yet!

I just let the states with tolls send me a bill. The cameras do their job, and I don't have to remember what plazas I zoomed by at speed. I'm sure they love the additional fee from folks like me.

Not if you take the southern route, using I-68, I-79, and I-70.

Are you trying to jinx it? :)

Just facts.....

All the road construction that is ALWAYS going on southern Wisconsin I'm just surprised they haven't put in tolls.

And add more hours to the ride......
Less than an hour extra in my experience to Milwaukee, even less if you are going to Madison. I find that traffic effectively moves faster on the Southern route (partly due to less traffic, fewer curves, etc.).

Less than an hour extra in my experience to Milwaukee, even less if you are going to Madison. I find that traffic effectively moves faster on the Southern route (partly due to less traffic, fewer curves, etc.).

I-70 always had construction lane reductions when I took it that added hours to the ride.

I may try the southern route and see if the road is any better if I go to Wisconsin this year.
If you do drive to the Midwest, hopefully you can time the visit to make it to one of the shows (@sixpkrt's C-body show for example, the last weekend of June) or runs -- whether the Illinois River Run in three weeks (weather permitting) or the CATL in September.

I've always managed to scoot through the Madison area without too many slowdowns, plenty of 4 barrel opening events along that route. I pass almost every car I see!

$44.40 east bound to Carlisle from Ohio. $12.20 less on your way back home.
You really have to be an idiot to travel that road.
I drive a truck locally in western pa and eastern Ohio. I spent over $700 dollars in tolls in Ohio for the year longest ride from east gate to 480 east of Cleveland ($11.00). Most of the time it is $1.50, $1.75, or $5.00 that's a lot of trips on the Ohio pike.
Total Pa tolls for 2020 $0.
Would not lose sleep if weeds started growing out of that road.
Of all the beautiful roads in Pa. To have to pay to be trapped on that one is a bad idea.

Back