Carlisle 2021

Another Jersey guy? :wtf: I leave and everyone now admits it.
There may be something to your rankings thought James.

I had a great time at Carlisle! It was great to see all of the guys at the FCBO group photo. I was impressed with 77Newyorker440! Very respectful and polite young man! It warms my heart to see the enthusiasm of this young gun and the excellent work he has done on his New Yorker. I didn't see Will or Jer. I was released from the hospital at 7 am this morning and I drove straight to Carlisle. I only stayed for a couple of hours. Hopefully next year I'll be feeling better and can stay at Carlisle Friday and Saturday. Again, it was great to see everybody!

Agree on all counts. @77newyorker440 caught up with me yesterday as I was leaving, and introduced himself. I’m glad I got to meet him even if I did not have a chance to talk to him for long enough. Your words capture my impression exactly.

Thank you guys! It was really awesome to meet all of you and see your stunning cars! One of the coolest events I've ever been too and I cannot wait for next year

Short day due to unexpected events, and so I missed quite a few people — all the more thanks to all those who made this road trip possible. Here are a few more pics I took today.

First is a Plymouth Fury whose owner explained to @Ripinator and myself that it was a PA police car, as evidenced by the broadcast sheet. PL41T1F202716 was used in PA before being bought in Georgia and then brought back home.

View attachment 472432

View attachment 472433

View attachment 472434

View attachment 472435

View attachment 472436

Next are three more Fury models — 1969 hardtop, 1970 ‘vert and 1970 sedan.

View attachment 472437

The picture I took of @Imperialist67 ’s beautiful (great job polishing the paint!) 1967 NYer were messed up by my pinky atop the lens, so I won’t post them here. (Edit: @live4theking has a nice one in this post)
It was great meeting you, hope you had a great show

Finally, thanks to Matt (a Carlisle regular with whom @cantflip Rip and I — and others I am sure — have had many great conversations under the tent ), I got a heads up of a car in the car corral that I loved.

It is a turquoise 1972 NYB 4dr :wideyed:

@david hill went to investigate with me. The seller was initially asking $8.5k yesterday, brought it down to $6.5k today and told me he would go home with it at $5.5k. Highly optioned, including power vents (and, unfortunately, H53 AutoTemp). Super black vinyl interior, not one rip or tear (note though the incorrect blue steering wheel). @saforwardlook and @71Polara383 — the car needs paint, top (but no rust bubbles to my eyes — David did make a comment), a window (glass broken on passenger rear), almost surely a heater core, two lower quarters, and so I decided to pass. At $2.5k, it would have been hard to say no to CS43T2C164105 (fleet size limits notwithstanding).

View attachment 472438

View attachment 472439

View attachment 472440

View attachment 472441
It was great meeting you, hope you had great show

It was great meeting you, hope you had great show
Thank you, I did -- in part due to taking with you.

PS: I did not realize that the owner of the Fury was a member here. Nice meeting you, too!

My dad and I got home yesterday from the biggest trip in the known history of the New Yorker. The Carlisle rush started about two weeks ago when we finally got the car back from the local mechanic after a two-week exhaust install. After this, we installed some aftermarket valve covers that we felt would nicely match the black breather and chrome headers.
20210625_210937.jpg

However, this proved to be quite difficult. After we finished the install with rubber gaskets and let the permatex seal, we decided to take a short drive to test it as we did not see any oil smoke. Yet, when we got home, the passenger side heads were soaked in oil and the engine bay was full of white smoke. Luckily, it did not run too low on oil (only lost about a quart). My dad worked on cleaning the headers, which required the green side of a sponge and a lot of soapy water. We also tried increasing the torque on the valve covers, but the leaks continued. I then removed the passenger side valve cover, and we had to slowly remove the RTV from the head and valve cover. We tried a recommendation from our mechanic and used a cork gasket with no RTV, just some sealant to hold the gasket to the cover. This worked perfectly and sealed up the oil leak.

After this, we had the windshield installed on July 6, which was the day before we left for Carlisle (big thanks to @bigmoparjeff for the recommendation for a windshield site).

Wednesday morning, we left for Carlisle. The drive went really well! About 7 hours and 360 miles in total, and we went to some cool destinations such as Warrenton, VA; Gettysburg; Chambersburg; and Mr. Ed's. That afternoon, we reached the Comfort Inn and were greeted by some awesome cars including a Belvedere, a Dart, and a Road Runner. On Thursday, the car was rain tested for the first time (without wipers) and we realized that the roof/windshield leak in multiple spots. So we did get the rain treatment inside the car, but it did not stop our trip. We went to the AACA museum for the first time, which was really awesome! There were some very cool Dodge's there as well as one Chrysler and many Chevys.
Resized_20210709_101219(1).jpeg

On Friday, we got ready for the show, giving the windshield a thick coating of Rain-X and glass cleaner. Getting into the show was pretty easy, as it was a lighter crew that day, and I ended up next to a Dodge Mirada (The Dart moved mid-day) and a Plymouth Road Runner in the Barnfind Category.
Resized_20210709_070326.jpeg

Friday went really well but was rained out at the end of the day, leading to a wet interior once again. We had dinner at a BBQ place in Carlisle, with the tightest parking I've ever done.
20210709_190059.jpg

20210709_190128.jpg

However, this is where some problems started. On our way back to the hotel, the car started to have some running issues, bogging immediately off idle when given gas. At one point, it stalled in an intersection and took a few minutes to get restarted. We could not figure out the problem, so we just decided that we would have to live with it until we got home. However, it went away Saturday morning without any clear reason why.

Saturday was absolutely insane. The day started off with the NYB hitting the big 77k.
20210710_070633.jpg
Meeting all of the C-Body guys was really cool, and the picture turned out great. It was also my first time ever seeing another formal New Yorker in person. It was also great meeting some younger car owners, including one guy who owned this epic New Yorker two door.
20210710_174219 (1).jpg
Also saw this C-Body with a really cool breather/valve cover set up.20210710_094140.jpg
20210710_094136.jpg

I also saw this stunning green '74 Imperial in the survivor tent, but there was no owner with it, unfortunately. The Survivor tent also had some really clean C-Bodies from the late 60s.
20210710_153200 (1).jpg

My uncle spotted this bizarre PT Cruiser with New Yorker rims and whitewalls.
20210710_135406.jpg

Later that day, I got this really cool picture:
20210710_081506.jpg

And I saw this clean 62 Imperial
20210710_153040.jpg

While watching the cars heading out, I spotted what appears to be a late 60s/early 70s Dodge Monaco 4 door
20210710_172013.jpg

Finally, wrapped the day up with pizza (And the roughest parking of my career) and got to park next to a triple Black Newport
20210710_201042 (1).jpg

Finally, Sunday brought a really awesome surprise:
20210711_172948.jpg

And we got home alright even with the light rain
20210711_172300 (1).jpg

Overall, it was an absolutely unforgettable trip and I cannot wait for Carlisle 2022!

still dont understand why the 300 non letter cars are parked on opposite side of the show field non the other c bodies

still dont understand why the 300 non letter cars are parked on opposite side of the show field non the other c bodies
They need to put them closer together so 300s/Imps can park with their proper class instead of screwing up accurate judging for the rest of the 69-73 cars on the field.

If you went solely on deserving then a Polara would win every time :lol:.

It has always been that way and while " fair" is a loose term let's keep it in context. This is peer judging. People tend to pick their favorite model, color, engine size or they know the guy.
Many MANY years ago we saw a lady walking around with a stack of Ballots. She was the one who went around for the NEHOA and voted for all their members, that was her job .

As long as you had a good time :thumbsup:
You're rite Dave, but what I ran into in 2012 with the Batwagon was that a Candy *** trophy hunter 300 Member Couldn't stand it that I'd taken a 2nd place trophy with the Batwagon and went to the Carlisle establishment and cried and whimpered about the Batwagon not even being a legitimist 300 and they changed the 2nt place trophy from me to him. Same guy walked up to a group of three of us under the 300 canopy this weekend to talk to a friend of mine that was one of the three, stopped dead when he saw me on my scooter and ask if I still had the wagon. I answered no and in the same breath ask him if he still had my 2nd place trophy from 9 years ago. His face got red all the way to his ears and he made a U turn and walked off never saying another word. WHAT AH PRIK. At least now the word is out on him. FGS, It's a popularity contest, Jer

Last edited:
You're rite Dave, but what I ran into in 2012 with the Batwagon was that a Candy *** trophy hunter 300 Member Couldn't stand it that I'd taken a 2nd place trophy with the Batwagon and went to the Carlisle establishment and cried and whimpered about the Batwagon not even being a legitimist 300 and they changed the 2nt place trophy from me to him. Same guy walked up to a group of three of us under the 300 canopy this weekend to talk the a friend of mine that was one of the three, stopped dead when he saw me on my scooter and ask if I still had the wagon. I answered no and in the same breath ask him if he still had my 2nd place trophy from 9 years ago. His face got red all the way to his ears and he made a U turn and walked off never saying another word. WHAT AH PRIK. At least now the word is out on him. FGS, It's a popularity contest, Jer

I'm surprised they changed it, really. He sounds like a whimpering pussy to me Jer.

You want to hear some real whining? Go to a local show that just has the public judge cars. Public doesn’t care about rarity, H.P. or how much you spent on your car. The “Karens” voted for my GTO just because it was a pretty green! Got 1st Place, pissing off the motor heads! I always opt out of “officials” judging my cars now. It’s to often a “buddies and pals” show, picking their club member’s cars over and over again.

I'm surprised they changed it, really. He sounds like a whimpering pussy to me Jer.
He iz and it iz what it iz Dave. I have 7 placks on my den walls and have donated maybe 2 dozen more 'cuz they just collect dust and were appreciated by the folks I gave them to to be recycled. The 7 that hang here have special meaning to me and cover my 300 Hurst, a '68 Drop Top B5 Barracuda that I did a complete ground up for my Bribe in the early '80s, and the Batwagon that did the same ground up but way longer time involved. I drove a '67 300 sport from Ft Worth to Portland one time and got aa plack for longest distance for an non-letter too. And the plack should have read for the longest distance driven on Bias Ply tires, lol. Jer

Back