Carlisle 2024

I plan on going just not sure how I'm getting there yet, one of 4 options. Each one has its plus and minus.

Alan

I will be there again this year.

Shout out to our B-body brothers! They do a fantastic job with their tent, and their hospitality is greatly appreciated . . .

I will be there again this year.

Shout out to our B-body brothers! They do a fantastic job with their tent, and their hospitality is greatly appreciated . . .

Too much work for that. You can not walk the swap multiple days. Hang out with others, visit specific spots, see half the cars and run a big operation like that.
I prefer the low profile operations of the C body brothers.

I plan on going just not sure how I'm getting there yet, one of 4 options. Each one has its plus and minus.

Alan
Others I know who come from the west coast, or other points far away, fly into Washington DC's Dulles Airport (IAD). Either that or the Baltimore Washington Airport (BWI), may be the cheapest airport in the region to fly into. Dulles Airport is just a two hour drive from Carlisle. Rent a Mopar and register it for the show. That way you get to park in the show (and entry fee covers two people). Otherwise, you'll pay for parking outside the gate (probably a couple blocks away), and will then pay for each day's admission. You'll be doing enough walking on the grounds. You'll be glad not to have the extra walk to your car outside the gate (especially if you are carrying purchases).

Of course the show officially is Friday through Sunday. But Thursday is now a full day, and by noon on Sunday, the place is a ghost town. Plan accordingly.

Others I know who come from the west coast, or other points far away, fly into Washington DC's Dulles Airport (IAD). Either that or the Baltimore Washington Airport (BWI), may be the cheapest airport in the region to fly into. Dulles Airport is just a two hour drive from Carlisle. Rent a Mopar and register it for the show. That way you get to park in the show (and entry fee covers two people). Otherwise, you'll pay for parking outside the gate (probably a couple blocks away), and will then pay for each day's admission. You'll be doing enough walking on the grounds. You'll be glad not to have the extra walk to your car outside the gate (especially if you are carrying purchases).

Of course the show officially is Friday through Sunday. But Thursday is now a full day, and by noon on Sunday, the place is a ghost town. Plan accordingly.
Last year I flew into BWI and stayed in York (it was a last minute planned trip), this year I may be travelling with a different friend. We talked about both flying and driving, we haven't talked details about the driving option other than it is 40 road hours for us so a week each way. Neither of us is about cannonballing and want to make the most of road trip if that was the option. As much as I'd like to take one of the cars I'm not sure that is an option right now.

I think we need to finalize plans soon.

Alan

Last year I flew into BWI and stayed in York (it was a last minute planned trip), this year I may be travelling with a different friend. We talked about both flying and driving, we haven't talked details about the driving option other than it is 40 road hours for us so a week each way. Neither of us is about cannonballing and want to make the most of road trip if that was the option. As much as I'd like to take one of the cars I'm not sure that is an option right now.

I think we need to finalize plans soon.

Alan
I have done the opposite of you. I have flown into La from Toronto about 20 years now for the Spring fling weekend events, Wed to Monday morn. I have also driven home in a few classic Mopars I picked up while out in California. Fly in Wed have fun, start driving home Sunday noon, always a night in a Vegas or up the road, then home by Wed. Now I just fly and rent to Spring fling.

The resurrection of "Daves Spot" has begun however it is likely like trying to revive the K Mart, damage has been done and everyone goes elsewhere.
This will be my first time back on the C body show field since 2020. I'm excited!
Glad to hear it. I looked for you a number of times last year, but we always seemed to be in different places.
I’m booked and registered for the show field. I will not be vending any more.

I would suggest that we write our FCBO names on the top of our windshield cards.
I like the idea of putting our screen names on the window cards.
I’m not too sure if I will be making it this year because I am in need of a kidney transplant and I am currently on dialysis, I hope to but time will tell if I actually can make it or not.
Wow, sorry to hear this. I'll be praying for you.

I also really like the idea of putting your screen names on the cards.

I cant commit to Carlisle this early. Most folks like to plan it out. The most fun I had was going on a whim in 2019 in the servpro. Future attendance will be a similar ahh screw it ill go.

Get better @SportFury70

^^^ Paid today ?!?! ^^^
Weren’t the spots payment due back in 2023 ???

I pay Sunday morning at the Carlisle office before I leave, and get the extra 10 % discount…. Heck, $ 20 is still ( about $ 14 !!! )

See ya’ there, or before Charlie, Craig…..

@mobileparts Craig; Sometimes I need to take the money home. My van let me down half way up the Jersey 'Pike so I took a quick load off the top with the Forester and didn't take in enough to cover the spaces! They give you 'til January 9th. We will see you at Allentown?

Hey Charlie,
Yes --- I will be there --- after missing it last year as 1 of the 7 shows I missed while I was fighting for my life.....

I am waiting for the right day now, to throw into the van , replenishing items I sold at Fall Carlisle and HERSHEY,
They are in the hallway, and I traditionally put them away at Ag Hall....

If you want to leave your jacket at my stand, while you wander through it, you are more than welcome...
See you there if you come --- I am leaving a week from tonight !!!

That time of year again. July is seven months away.
As the snow is falling in the Northwest part of the Buckeye State, I am enjoying my morning coffee before we go off to church.
My inbox is getting info from Carlisle with discount offers. Carlisle is a great show (much better that the "Nationals" IMHO). My reservation is in (made it right after the show last year). This year some time at Gettysburg will be added in.
Hope that the weather won't be as warm, however, can't do anything about that.
I hope that I will be able to meet more of the C body community. On that note, is there a particular area the the FCBO members congregate? I know that there is not a designated area just looking to hopefully park closer.
Happy New Year to All
Stay safe and warm (if applicable)
Omni
Been vending there for years in the P row (P28), but I moved from New England down south over a year ago, so I don't drive or bring parts to sell as I now fly to CT to visit my sister for a few days and have a buddy who lives in NH pick me up on the way. Was surprised last year to get to see Linda Vaughn at the grandstand on Friday. I have a 70 Hurst and I had brought my T-shirt with Hurst on the front to the event and got her to sign it for me. Unexpected surprise gift! Also spent some time with Herb McCandless (Mr. 4 speed). Really nice guy. Linda was very nice, too.
Went to a TX junkyard a month or so ago and stumbled upon a 70 4 door 300. Got the rear bumper, tail lights, front grille with hideaways, rocker panel moldings, fender mounted turn signals, hood hinges, motor for headlight doors, and other odds and ends all for $200. Great day in the yard. Now I have spare parts for my Hurst.

I’ve been trying to go for years and couldn’t make it because of work or something. Last year I actually paid for it and camping and of course my car had another idea. Now she’s all fixed up and this year I don’t have the money to go maybe one of these days.

Back