Carpet padding replacement

Verse

Reaction score
The padding on the back of the new molded carpet is pretty minimal compared to the original. What have you done to replace the old jute backing?

I found some jute automotive pad, at an upholstery supply store and ended up adding another layer to the carpet. Even the Jute I added isn’t as thick as the original. The original seems to be about 3/4” thick. Any replacement jute seems to be about 3/8”. So two layers equal close to the original.
68 Polara restore back on

For good measure, when you replace the carpet, that you remove and refinish any rusty areas before you put the new carpet/pad in.

We have used several rolls of jute padding for warranty repairs/concerns at work. it's the 3/8" thickness, I believe. What I was surprised at was how dirty and dusty it was, in that roll. Each of them has been that way, all the way to the middle. Might want to use some rubber gloves to keep the grit off of your hands. Might need to re-dress the cutting edges of your scissors, too?

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

I am picking up some padding from an upholstery store on Tuesday. I am bringing a can and they will fill it with spray adhesive.

Back