Carpet thoughts

66furys

Reaction score
I have only done this once, on an MGA and the carpeting was very thick. I used the dyna mat under and had plenty of feel to the carpet. I wanted to get some thoughts from those who have used the ACC carpet. I got a couple samples in 515 and 615, one larger loop and a bit thicker. Comments on the use of these types appreciated. My old roadkill has very heavy OEM pad with two layers of carpet now. I would like a bit of padded feel, and am thinking that it might be good to use both the thermal and sound deadening dynamat stick on, AND some more padding in places to get a good feel. Anyone have experience maybe with just the tar and alum dyna mat with these carpets......I suspect a bit too thin. thanks

I put in the factory loop without mass backing. Used the dynamat type stuff and then on recommendation from a local car builder put in this foil/foam radiant barrier. Its only 3mm thick. Along with new carpet its plenty cushy enough for me and in places like near the gas pedal I couldn't have gotten much thicker. Having said that adding some more foam type cushioning in some places might be even nicer. For the foil/foam I linked to it was a bit slippery so I sprayed some plastidip spray coating on the dynamat to give it some grip but still allow it to be pulled up. And on top I used just a plain old non-slip rug just cut in 2 pieces on either side og the hump. It all seems good to me so far. .

Amazon product ASIN B0831QSLD4
1703094218260.png

Back