Cbody Bob's 1966 Chrysler 300 coupe

I been working on the lower part of the fender the last couple of days and forgot to take pics as i went. This is where I am at now. The lower parts of these slab fenders bracework is complicated to say the least. Plus I found a couple of more rust spots in it too. I am sure Bob is sooo pleased to see.

Front guard work.jpg
Front guard work1.jpg
Front guard work2.jpg

yap , moving or not , they still rust away , don't they . i like your use of old panels to repair with . better metal to begin with , welds n forms better as well . hard to find usa made sheet steel anywhere , but old cars , lol . in the shop i pulled fenders and such for repairs for customers and replaced them . now some of those old bent parts are being used for rust out repairs . that inner bracing is gold and a usa made skin part out weights that chin crap everyday . sorry to say not many mopars parts were gathered . thats all me , lol .

I even cannibalized the housing of my old defunct welder for rust repairs once for my dd. ;)

My Dad always told me to learn everything that I can because once you learn something they (meaning anyone) cannot take it away from you.

We have a Harbor Freight coming very soon to our area. Sometime in the not to distant future I plan to pick up a welder and start playing. I have a trailer that the bed needs some repairs. I cannot think of a better project to learn on.

One thing I've learned though is that I don't tell everyone all the different things I'm capable of because then youre being asked to do everything at work.
Do yourself a favor and buy a decent used Miller or Lincoln off of Craigslist before wasting your time and money at HF on something like a mig welder.

I agree, HF wouldn’t be the place to go to get a welder. I don’t think you have to spend tons of money for the best or the newest, there are plenty of older used units available that work fine on these projects. My friend gave this one to me about 6 years ago. It does everything I need it to do. I just replaced the bottle, and added the “little red wagon” cart, lol.

0154904C-89BF-4795-8B94-B8EFC6491266.jpeg

So I got the rest of the patching and welding done on the drivers fender today, finally! Glad to have it out of the way, I will finish with some primer tomorrow and then move on to the passenger fender.

Front guard work3.jpg
Front guard work4.jpg
Front guard work5.jpg

So I turned the guard over and checked the area behind where I finished welding and what do I find? A hint of rust? No, can't be, say it isn't so....

Front guard work6.jpg

Back