Certi Card

Omni

Reaction score
Good Morning All
Did 1965 Chryslers (Newport) come with certi-cards?
If so where were they mounted?
Thanks to all who respond.
Omni

Yes, 65s came with a CertiCard. But, unlike later years, dealer just gave you a card to carry in your wallet. No holder inside the engine compartment . . .

Thanks for the prompt reply.
I did not see any evidence of a card holder being mounted.
Must be another in a growing list of 'unique to '65' items.
Thanks again
Omni

If so where were they mounted?
On "B" bodies they were on the drivers side, on backside of the radiator core support, or possibly on the inner fender well, over the channel for the engine bay wiring to the front. Not sure if they were same place on the bigger cars. You should see a little group of five holes grouped like home plate wherever the holder was mounted, IIRC.

***EDIT** only '66 and '67 were mounted, IDB.

Last edited:
I'm suspecting the "CertiCard" was invented to go along with the famous Chrysler 5-50 Factory Warranty of that era? Probably originally stapled/affixed to a particular page in the Owner's Manual, similar to what GM did with their stamped metal plate for the same purpose. Then later moved to the rear core support, behind the battery, for easier access to the card by the service dept operatives.

If the card was in the Owner's Manual, that meant the customer had to dig through the glove compartment (which generally had many things other than gloves in it) and the owner's "personal property" to get the owner's manual itself. Could be quite a time-consuming situation. Put the card "out front" where the service dept people could find it easily and put it back there when done. Quite an innovation at the time, plus the Dymo Label Maker that was an integral part of making the strips with the car and owner's information on it.

Perhaps somebody who was "in the business" back then can add to my observations?
CBODY67

On "B" bodies they were on the drivers side, on backside of the radiator core support, or possibly on the inner fender well, over the channel for the engine bay wiring to the front. Not sure if they were same place on the bigger cars. You should see a little group of five holes grouped like home plate wherever the holder was mounted, IIRC.
They were never mounted in a '65.

Just some additional info specific to the 65 CertiCard:

1965 cards are unlike the ones which came in 1966 and newer. They look exactly like a credit card. All of the info is typed into the plastic itself. There are NO embossed metallic strips, that the later ones had.

I do not believe that the 1965 cards were attached in any way to the owners manual. (I have both the owners manual and CertiCard from our 65 Dodge, which was purchased new.) They are two separate items. I remember that Dad carried the CertiCard in his wallet.

Sorry no pics, car long gone, and these documents locked away at another location

Back