Door card clips

AlVal74

Reaction score
Good afternoon all and happy new year!!
I have a few questions that maybe someone else figured out. So I redid my door cards on my 68 300. I don’t know how I messed up but now none of the clips match up with any of the holes in the door. I was thinking drill new holes in the doors to match the cards. I spent a lot of time remaking the cards and don’t want to risk screwing up the vinyl.

Has anyone had any success with something other than these awful clips? Like adhesive or I think someone said Velcro? Not going to be removing them 40 times a day so any suggestions??

Second question. Where can I get the weathercord that attaches to the door jamb on the rear cards? I tried searching the part number but haven’t had any luck. Thanks in advance. Take care.

Are the clips just pointing the wrong way? flipping the clip in the hole may move the clip an inch or so?

Alan

Nope. They’re lining up in the middle of holes on the door. And the bottom ones are about 2 inches too high. The original cards were really messed up so I kinda had to wing it with tracing it out on the new one

Good afternoon all and happy new year!!
I have a few questions that maybe someone else figured out. So I redid my door cards on my 68 300. I don’t know how I messed up but now none of the clips match up with any of the holes in the door. I was thinking drill new holes in the doors to match the cards. I spent a lot of time remaking the cards and don’t want to risk screwing up the vinyl.

Has anyone had any success with something other than these awful clips? Like adhesive or I think someone said Velcro? Not going to be removing them 40 times a day so any suggestions??

Second question. Where can I get the weathercord that attaches to the door jamb on the rear cards? I tried searching the part number but haven’t had any luck. Thanks in advance. Take care.
Magnets. I've done this and it works great.

Buy a bunch of thin ceramic magnets and glue them on the board. Still gotta have a couple clips to locate and help keep in place. About 25 magnets per card with a few clips.

1704408603574.png

Did not even think of magnets. Still gotta drill a couple of new holes. But it’s not going to be the 14 it has

Check out my Elwood project posts. I replaced a door card with 2 0.060” thick ABS plastic that I bonded to each other and to the vinyl with 3M 090 spray adhesive….

Check out my Elwood project posts. I replaced a door card with 2 0.060” thick ABS plastic that I bonded to each other and to the vinyl with 3M 090 spray adhesive….
Could you post a link? I’m having issues finding it . This is something I’m interested in for my car .

I don't think drilling new holes would be huge issue, you'll never see them anyway. But if the bottom ones are 2 inch higher you may not get the seal at the bottom and have a gap. May end up a combination of that and the magnet or velcro option.

Back