changed up our paint 1965 fury 3

That's pretty good for a garage paint job. You have better painting skills than I do!

It's great that you've taken a car that has been "rode hard and put away wet", and shown it some love. I can really appreciate that.

Good job...looks great. I know you'll enjoy it.

Thanks guys! i would like to give her more lovin, trying to hold down a mortgage and a few car pmts there isn't much extra.
so i do what i can, somebody told me once that having a classic is an expensive hobby, thats the understament of the year. If any of you guys make it to MI for the dream cruise, keep an eye out we're always there.

Thanks guys! i would like to give her more lovin, trying to hold down a mortgage and a few car pmts there isn't much extra.
so i do what i can, somebody told me once that having a classic is an expensive hobby, thats the understament of the year. If any of you guys make it to MI for the dream cruise, keep an eye out we're always there.
I really want to go. My buddy is hoping to have his trans am ready by then & I should have something driving by then.

Maybe Matt will let me park a trailer in his shop.

I think I liked the green better, but with the clear coat crapping out I totally understand the new paint. Then again, I just like Green Furys. ;)

It was horrible. Giant bubbles every where looked like a bad sunburn! Commando like I told stormer if you ever make it to Woodward ill be around..you still have time it's not until mid August. 2 weeks before, it starts to get busy. The locals hate it :) its pure hot rod heaven

My 65 Fury who will be going to paint soon. I am considering going from red to something else, Im glad you posted this, black is my other color choice. Good job on the DIY, way over my head.

Thanks 440, have any pics of yours? Is the 440 stock?
fury.jpgfuryrt.jpg

Here's a pic when I first brought it home. The 440 in it is from 66 and has a lumpy cam and headers, 906 heads etc. It runs and drives great, I drive the hell out of it every chance I get. I'm just going to bite the bullet and get it painted. My next choice is going to be to pull the front clip and motor to get it painted. The car is worth getting a nicer paint job, I'd love to see the firewall and inner wheel wells painted the same as the rest. Funds are limited for this project though. How much paint did you use? did you cut in the trunk and jambs?furyin.jpg

fury.jpg

furyrt.jpg

furyin.jpg

Last edited:
Dang yours is awesome, looks like it's in really good shape, and a manual?! I'm jealous now.. ok this is gonna sound weird but hang with me on this. it cost 250$ total to paint.. we used rustolem gallons and roller! (commando is grimicing right now). we took our time and it looks better than you might think. it's not buffed out yet so it will get deeper we just couldn't justify spending twice what we paid for the car on paint, at least not yet..we cut the Jambs and trunk in. the engine bay was already flat black, we just freshend it up more..I used blue painters tape to split the colors and used a rattle can to get a clean line with no bleed thru. I know it sounds goofy but we get compliments on the paint all the time, they just can't believe we rolled it.

What area of mi are you from? If you don't mind me asking

A lil cow town at 34 mile rd called Armada.
Yes DC was a helluva good time. I still go back to see family a few times a year. I doubt Ill get back with a car though, I like driving my old cars, but not 1200 miles. A first class plane ticket would be cheaper than the gas. Where abouts are you at?

You weren't that far from me, we're at 26 mile and gratiot.
I have family from armada, my cousin bought the berville hotel.
Can't wait for dc it never gets old

That's funny.
I started and sold a heating and cooling company there in Northern Macomb Cty and bought and sold the Armada Inn.
Berville Hotel holds the record the best bar fight I've seen. There was probably 150 people brawling. It was like a movie. Good times.

Back