Chrome Shop

Omni

Reaction score
Good Evening All
FCBO has been a great source of info and vendors for me as I work on the 'Party Barge'. Through this site I have learned of 'Then and Now' a rubber vulcanization shop. I have sent them the torsion bar isolators to be re-worked. Should have them back by the end of the month. Also 'Woodruff Carburetor Specialties' who is rebuilding a AFB for the 383.
Does anyone have recommendations for a chrome plating shop? Have some small parts (no bumpers/grilles) that I would like to get plated. The largest parts would be valve covers or air cleaner housings.
Thanks to all who respond.
Omni

Does anyone have recommendations for a chrome plating shop? Have some small parts (no bumpers/grilles) that I would like to get plated. The largest parts would be valve covers or air cleaner housings.

This thread has some good suggestions for large vs. for smaller pieces:

RECHROMING

If you need more suggestions, I would run "chrome plating" in the search bar.

to kinda elaborate on what was said in the other thread...Tri City in Tennessee does bumpers...East Tennessee Chrome Plating (also in Elizabethtown) specializes in the small stuff and potmetal....they used to call themselves R&D finishing....i found them at Charlotte Auto Fair years ago...had a massive hood ornament and a horn ring for a 1940 Diamond T pickup i brought with me...there were multiple chrome guys at the show and their price was half of the others....they wound up doing all the rest of the chrome for that truck (after we got the first 2 pieces back and liked them)...they just did an antenna bezel and the one around the ignition key on my 68 fury...125 for both...gave them to them in september was quoted 6 weeks...got them a month ago

I have about 18 pieces at East Tennessee right now. The specialize in pot metal parts. They did all the parts on a friends car last year and the work was great.

Back