Chrome trim ring and bullet center caps & lugs

Reaction score
I am looking for chrome trim rings and bullet center caps & lugs that fit the standard 15” steel wheels of my 72 Imperial coupe. Does anyone know where to find the correct center caps & lugs? Because 72 Imperial wheels use a 5.5” bolt pattern.

2019-02-22 10_12_27-Window.jpg

Patrick

Hey - welcome! I was the guy complimenting those trim rings and centre caps on FB yesterday - is that you?

As I'm sure you know, your Imperial would only have had full wheel covers, with maybe two choices of covers. However, I think the approach with the trim rings on black rims is excellent.

Likely there are no centre caps that fit your bolt pattern from Mopar... I would suggest your only options are aftermarket (or non-branded GM - perish the thought).

Let's see more pics of your car please!

Last edited:
I am looking for chrome trim rings and bullet center caps & lugs that fit the standard 15” steel wheels of my 72 Imperial coupe. Does anyone know where to find the correct center caps & lugs? Because 72 Imperial wheels use a 5.5” bolt pattern.

View attachment 262780

Patrick

I always thought the Imps were 5 on 5" not a 5 on 5.5" correct?

I saw your comments on Facebook Ross, but it was not my post or car.

Here’s a picture of my 72 coupe. I don’t like the original wheel covers so at this moment I’m using the 63 covers instead. To be honest, I’m also not totally convinced that I want to go with the bullet center caps & lugs, just exploring all options. All thoughts and suggestions are welcome!

Is it 5 x 5? Not 5 x 5.5?

Patrick
45377545_10215972270131834_2822156704496484352_n.jpg

I thought it may have been two different persons... all good.

Your car looks great, and I like the 63 wheel covers too... however a treatment that incorporates some "iron fist in a velvet glove" type of restrained aggression is something I think looks good on the 69-72 Imp coupes. I look forward to seeing your ideas.

Here’s a picture of my 72 coupe. I don’t like the original wheel covers so at this moment I’m using the 63 covers instead. To be honest, I’m also not totally convinced that I want to go with the bullet center caps & lugs, just exploring all options. All thoughts and suggestions are welcome!

Patrick
View attachment 262826
FWIW, I really like the '63 wheel covers on that car.

Could do a Chevy truck wheel too. 5 on 5" Same vendor that built them for Chrysler. Just have to cover up the bowtie.

1589d1256002336-rallys-wheel-t1.jpg

Hey - welcome! I was the guy complimenting those trim rings and centre caps on FB yesterday - is that you?

As I'm sure you know, your Imperial would only have had full wheel covers, with maybe two choices of covers. However, I think the approach with the trim rings on black rims is excellent.

Likely there are no centre caps that fit your bolt pattern from Mopar... I would suggest your only options are aftermarket (or non-branded GM - perish the thought).

Let's see more pics of your car please!

I always thought the Imps were 5 on 5" not a 5 on 5.5" correct?

Patrick
View attachment 262826

Ross, only one wheel cover style from 62 onwards with no matter, if the car was either a Custom (the last model year was 63 for this model), Crown or LeBaron.

68-73 Imperials have the 5x5`` bolt pattern, the 55-66s have the 5x5.5`` and 74-75s measure 5x4.5``.

Patrick, yours is a beauty with those 63 covers!

Ross, only one wheel cover style from 62 onwards with no matter, if the car was either a Custom (the last model year was 63 for this model), Crown or LeBaron.

68-73 Imperials have the 5x5`` bolt pattern, the 55-66s have the 5x5.5`` and 74-75s measure 5x4.5``.

Patrick, yours is a beauty with those 63 covers!

Thanks for clarifying - I wasn't sure. Agreed, that cat looks great with the earlier covers!

Back