Chrysler "Huntsville" radio parts

War Wagon2

Reaction score
Hi Guys!
Does anyone here know of anybody left on the planet that can supply parts for these Radios....I have the '77-'78 Factory Electronic search tune radio , as well as the Factory Citizen's band combination Radio and the Digital programmable radio ...I'd like to get them up and working if possible....

I think your only option is to search the Internet for the Sam's repair manuals and source the components yourself.

X2! Sams Fotofact repair manuals are the bible of the audio repair industry.

Although there are excellent radio repair guys still all over North America, it's a dying breed for sure.

If you're stuck there's a guy up here in Toronto who does fabulous work. I can connect you if required.

Hi
Thanks Guys but I do my own Radio work , you have to realize that with these radios parts like capacitors etc. are not the problem ... since these radios were built by Chrysler in their own facilities all of the Integrated circuits have Chrysler part numbers on them making them proprietary components ! I can determine their basic function but matching an aftermarket chip to the radio is a problem and some may be custom components when you consider that the Digital programmable radio was the first radio of its type for Automotive use! Allied Radio in Windsor Ontario along with Advance electronics in Winnipeg MB used to be depots in Canada but that`s many moons ago . I`m just hoping that some of this stuff will turn up....

Good Luck on your search and keep me advised of the outcome......I have three of those radios and all need repair.

Hi
Thanks Guys but I do my own Radio work , you have to realize that with these radios parts like capacitors etc. are not the problem ... since these radios were built by Chrysler in their own facilities all of the Integrated circuits have Chrysler part numbers on them making them proprietary components ! I can determine their basic function but matching an aftermarket chip to the radio is a problem and some may be custom components when you consider that the Digital programmable radio was the first radio of its type for Automotive use! Allied Radio in Windsor Ontario along with Advance electronics in Winnipeg MB used to be depots in Canada but that`s many moons ago . I`m just hoping that some of this stuff will turn up....

Crescent TV in Windsor is still around and they were a factory authorized repair depot for these radios when they were new.

This place?
. Home

If this is the place they are not repairing anymore according to their website

There have been several Chrysler radio articles at Allpar.com . Common issues and how to fix them. Quite involved and interesting!

An issue with the CB combination radio is that, generally, their performance was not nearly as good as a dedicated CB radio. The factory units had a power antenna with "a load section" in it. That was one problem. Don't know how the SWRs were set on the factory equipment. Even when new, the factory CB radio technology was behind the separate units, back then. Probably worse now. But as a period-correct item that still works, not bad, just less performance than what the separate units normally gave.

Take care,
CBODY67

Back