CL Ad - 1966 Chrysler 300 - $17500 (Old Bethpage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorkerBee

Reaction score
Contact seller
The Engine compartment doesn't reflect 36K's, but other than that, it's really nice.

1966 Chrysler 300

1966 300 440 TNT RR Yellow 1.jpg
1966 300 440 TNT RR Yellow 2.jpg
1966 300 440 TNT RR Yellow 3.jpg
1966 300 440 TNT RR Yellow 4.jpg

1966 Chrysler 300 2dr HT Coupe with 35800 actual miles

This highly optioned 1966 300 is in "rarely seen" condition. Not only is this car in incredible condition, aside from a single repaint, it is completely original with just 35800 miles since new. These big Chrysler cruisers are far too expensive to restore. Parts can be hard to locate and they just dont have the value of a Road Runner or Charger. Luckily, this car doesnt need any restoring at all. It is beautiful from top to bottom. In addition, this is a rare 1966 300 in that the 440 was not standard equipment until 67. Most came with the standard 383ci engine. Here we have a very rare 440ci TNT engine with a factory 4bbl carburetor, dual snorkel air cleaner and dual exhaust. Yes, a true 440-TNT? Whats better? This car has options rarely seen in the day for even a New Yorker. We are in Imperial territory here. This highly optioned car includes such options as power windows, power drivers seat, reclining passenger seat, factory AM-FM radio (FM? in a 66?), factory AC and more. It all works too! The clock does not work. Bucket Seats are black leather. There are a few minor surface cracks to the drivers seat but no tares at all. Keep in mind, they are original and 50 years old. No dash cracks at all. The dash is perfect. All gauges are perfectly clear and work as they should. The chrome buttons still shine like new. Fender mounted directional light up and work as they should. The car easily passes the required NYS annual inspection. The factory center console shows as good as new yet is the original factory console complete with working vacuum gauge. Interior and exterior lighting work as well.

The entire body rust free and pin straight. All body panels and floors are 100% original. There are no dings or dents and we could not locate any bondo on any of the body panels. Quarter panels are beautifully straight which is amazing considering they are nearly a mile long. Chrome is shiny, bright and clean with no dings or dents. The rear light bezels show very minor pitting but no rust. All trim, front to back is in excellent condition.

The engine is an incredibly rare matching numbers 440ci TNT 365hp 4bbl with factory dual snorkel air cleaner, dual exhaust and factory front DISC BRAKES, another very rare option. The engine is very clean but not detailed so not to affect its originality. The hubcaps are also original and display "Disc Brakes" right on them. We've never seen these before.

As shown in the photos, the original Certicard is still with the car right where the factory left it. The photos also show the Speedo and vacuum gauge working in motion. This is truely a special Chrysler that needs to be in a Chrysler collector's garage.

Thats the car you want to buy. Never been mucked with. Beautiful!!!

Couldn't agree more. A bit pricey, but doesn't look like there's much that needs doing. Like the auction guys say, buy one that's done - cheaper in the long run. And really - what does $17K buy you in the world of cars these days, especially classics?

I'll confess - I love my 300 and will eventually get it somewhere close to looking that nice, but had the seller been more upfront I wouldn't have bought it. The biggest thing it needs is a paint job, but it's all those 'little' things that add up fast. Especially with a chunk out of the budget spent to transport it.

The pimp pipes coming out the back definitely need to go. Whoever put those on needs to be slapped.

17.5 is lunacy.
If that was the car I spent years looking for, I would simply show up with a pad of paper, a set amt. of $$ in my sock, and start the deductions over every single nit picky detail.

Remember, the burden is up to the buyer to show the seller what it's really worth.

Oh. And be prepared to go home empty handed. The world won't end if you dont buy it.

17.5 is lunacy.
If that was the car I spent years looking for, I would simply show up with a pad of paper, a set amt. of $$ in my sock, and start the deductions over every single nit picky detail.

Remember, the burden is up to the buyer to show the seller what it's really worth.

Oh. And be prepared to go home empty handed. The world won't end if you dont buy it.

You think like me. Bought a ring from an estate jeweler that way once. Showed him cash, saved over $1K despite him saying $XX was his rock-bottom price. I've tried many times to impress upon people that cash gets peoples' attention. Shows them you're serious and gets them to thinking about whether they want to sell or let the cash walk away and keep it.

Price-wise, it's sad but true - C bodies just don't command that kind of price without a lot more 'special' and the documentation to back it up.

Nice, my favorite 300, only second to the 1970. $17.5 for 35K car, yes, but this is not. What's with the shroud and overflow bottle? The AC piping doesn't look right either. Looks like mods for the better, but mods nonetheless. Did these really have leather as an option?

00d0d_d3MLpT44FMx_600x450.jpg

Nice, my favorite 300, only second to the 1970. $17.5 for 35K car, yes, but this is not. What's with the shroud and overflow bottle? The AC piping doesn't look right either. Looks like mods for the better, but mods nonetheless. Did these really have leather as an option?

They did, in three different colors if I remember correctly.

The engine compartment isn't a huge surprise to me condition-wise as lighter colors tend to show every little blemish like it's a huge wart. But that air cleaner looks like it survived Hiroshima. I wouldn't think it would be that faded at 36K without a number of engine fires to help it along?

Like I said.
You go.
You see.
You nitpick.
Prove to him it's an $8,000.00 car.
Put the burden on him to make you work your way up from 8k.

99 times out of a 100 they can't.

I don't see HP exhaust manifolds on this engine either. Is it just a pie-tin TNT upgrade ?

Like I said.
You go.
You see.
You nitpick.
Prove to him it's an $8,000.00 car.
Put the burden on him to make you work your way up from 8k.

99 times out of a 100 they can't.
No power vent windows, I'm not interested.;)

Leather was an option and the reclining passenger seat was tossed in as a package also.

For '66 the 383 and the 440 shared the same logs. HP exhaust manifolds started in '67 unfortunately.

Thanks a lot for straightening me out on that. I noticed the VIN had the 'J' engine code, but I wasn't sure about the exhaust manifolds. It looked like the typical 383 setup.

The shroud looks stock but the radiator may be aftermarket. My '66 Monaco had a stock anti-freeze overflow bottle.

Ive been talking with the seller. I hear everything you have all said and agree. So far the guy isnt budging (its a dealer that Im sure got it dirt cheap from an estate or something) and the car hasnt sold yet as far as I know. Hey Commnando1 whether that is a New Yorker or an Imperial Im loving that car.

Ive been talking with the seller. I hear everything you have all said and agree. So far the guy isnt budging (its a dealer that Im sure got it dirt cheap from an estate or something) and the car hasnt sold yet as far as I know. Hey Commnando1 whether that is a New Yorker or an Imperial Im loving that car.
76 New Yorker.
And thank you for the opportunity to let me be the attention ***** I am about her and show it off again.

tv9Rc98h.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back