Status
Not open for further replies.

tbm3fan

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
... maybe not if you hate E bodies. Pictures galore

1972 Dodge Challenger 4x4 *PRICE LOWERED*

I have a 1972 Dodge Challenger 4x4 that is extremely well built. It sits welded on an M1009 military frame and chassis and is powered by a 5.7l with longtube headers and fully custom Flowmaster dual exhaust as well as all brand new accessories on top of the engine; new four barrel Quick Fuel carburetor, new highrise intake manifold, new HEI distributor, new radiator, new alternator, new aftermarket Holley fuel pump, new plugs/wires, new air cleaner/filter.

Behind the motor is a brand new 4L60E automatic transmission electronically controlled by a US Shift Quick 1 transmission controller mounted in the cab. 2H, 4H and 4L gears are powered by a fully rebuilt and bulletproof NP205 transfer case with a front Dana 44 with locking hubs and rear Dana 60 straight axles. 33x12.5xR15 BFGoodrich KO tires have only 3,000 miles on them with plenty of tread left.

Inside the cab has been completely restored with all brand new panels, new headliner, new seats, new carpet, New B&M Quicksilver shifter, Custom built dash with all new gauges, new aftermarket stereo w/Bluetooth and two amplifiers powering 4 Kenwood speakers and 1 subwoofer. (This thing plays LOUD, crisp and clear music). Equipped with a backup camera and additional rear mounted LED light to assist in poorly lit conditions. Also comes with an externally magnet mounted CB Radio Antenna & Handheld device within the cab. The body and paint on this car are clean and straight with only minor issues (as any 45 year old car would have) but is definitely a show stopper.

The car drives incredibly well ON the road for short trips, and even road trips; I purchased it in Las Vegas and drove it home to the Bay Area, and does even better OFF the road, (here's a link to it in action at Hollister Hills SVRA; ). It has over $45,000 put into building this car with all documented receipts. The vehicle has only 3,400 miles on it since rebuild;

Asking price is $28,000; but I'm willing to work with someone who has an honest interest....

PRICE LOWERED to try and sell FAST because my father has recently become ill with his health and finances and I told him I'd sell my car to help pay for some of the expenses; I can replace a car, I can't replace family.

Yes I know it's a mutt-build; but I didn't build it, I bought it this way and don't want to have to sell it, but would rather keep my Dad around than the car.

I have more pictures upon request, and will answer any and all questions asked. No low-ballers, no tire kickers, no free rides, no trades.

Call/Text Brandon @ 51O-673-613O. I work a lot of odd hours, so if I don't answer right away, please leave a message. DO NOT CONTACT ME ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS TRYING TO SELL MY CAR FOR ME.

00U0U_ecL9AGSCJFU_1200x900.jpg
00C0C_bhGOmNPVizu_1200x900.jpg
00r0r_1RsSViWtmvU_1200x900.jpg
00Z0Z_5akxCsmDQS8_1200x900.jpg

5.7?? A Mopar 5.7 is a Hemi, this motor is not one. Is it the Magnum 360, which would make it a 5.9, or is it a Chevy motor? Looking at those valve covers I'd say this thing is a bow-tie motor.

I want to see it run without the top radiator hose installed.

5.7?? A Mopar 5.7 is a Hemi, this motor is not one. Is it the Magnum 360, which would make it a 5.9, or is it a Chevy motor? Looking at those valve covers I'd say this thing is a bow-tie motor.

Yes it is a Chevy 350 (5.7). The way he totally destroyed this "E" body I say he is $27, 500.00 to high in his asking price.

It says in the ad it's a "mutt-build".

I thought i’d seen the last of these things. Seemed to be the thing to do years ago when i lived up north in the boonies. Not much to do and after a 12 pack it seems like a reasonable project.

I don’t hate it, well except for the chebbie part and of course the price. It does look like it was well done and would be fun to drive 2 or 3 days a year....

We had a 4x4 70 or 71 challenger in the area years ago. It was cooll as hell then but that was in 1983. Now, its insulting

No I don't see a Video link, But That is a Good Thing ! So Since this is Real, I Really wished it was a Photoshop ! I hope Mark at Graveyardcarz doesn't see this , I don't want him to have a Heart Attack !

so I saw this car for sale on like the homepage of msn news or somewhere this morning - a large public internet site - wait what? how? who is this guy?

Engine, trans, transfer case are all GM. I would guess Ford or Dodge on the axles.

No I don't see a Video link, But That is a Good Thing ! So Since this is Real, I Really wished it was a Photoshop ! I hope Mark at Graveyardcarz doesn't see this , I don't want him to have a Heart Attack !
It’s not a ‘70/1 so he wouldn’t care.

I live in farm country in central Ohio. Fairly normal occurrence almost always a Chevy on top of the truck frame.

I wouldn't put my red neck cousin to do this to a Charger, but he has to finish his General Lee first. Cousin only by marriage. :)

BTW if he ever does build one I will go for a ride in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back