code enforcement:

bulldogchesty

Reaction score
I just got a letter that code enforcement is coming to or street checking for unmowed lawns and stuff that shouldn't be there. Great, I have a parts car in my back yard. The end of October. Leave me alone bitches. It was too hot to work on my car this summer.:busted:

images

Paint it red white and blue, weld on a pole and hang Old Glory on it and tellem its your constitutional right to display the flag. They can't tell you what the flag pole can look like.

Posted via Topify on Android

I had the code enforcement guy up here a couple times. Turns out he grew up with my brother's kids, so he likes me. A neighbor bitched about the number of cars that were here.

At the time, I had three teenage boys at home, all with cars, my wife's car, my company car and my truck all sat outside. The Corvette I had at the time sometimes didn't make it into the garage and our other two kids would be here occasionally. It did look like a used car lot... I will admit to that.

The code guy came here once and was happy with just me explaining that nothing was for sale and we weren't running a repair shop... The next time he came, I wanted to know just who was complaining. He wouldn't tell me except to say it wasn't the people living next door. I said I wanted to keep this on a friendly basis but I also mentioned getting my lawyer involved because this was going to be harassment if it kept up.

Cool guy that he was, he asked if he could see the registrations for each car and that showed they all belonged there and then he said he would tell the neighbor what he did and pretty much tell them to STFU.

He hasn't been here since.

BLOCKFENCE1.jpgBLOCKFENCE2.jpgBLOCKFENCE3.jpg I had a visit from Mr. Code Enforcement too. Put up this fence along with the "No Trespassing signs and have been good since. Cost a lot of money but it was worth it.

BLOCKFENCE1.jpg

BLOCKFENCE2.jpg

BLOCKFENCE3.jpg

I had one several years ago, leave a bullshtt message on my recorder, about a property. I googled his tail, and located someone with the same name. I then called, and this is now in the evening, the number. The phone answered & I ask for him. She said "Jr or Senior?" I said the code man. "Oh, that would be Junior." She yelled for him to come get the phone. He either lived in the basement or upstairs, because it took awhile. "Hel-hello?" I kindly ask him about the property, and took up plenty of his time. He cleared the violations and never bothered me again.

The easiest way to get around this violation, is to donate the carcass to Goodwill or some other charity after you get what you want off of it. Mr Code man, I have donated this car to Wounded Warriors, and sorry, but I am under their timeframe to pick it up. Have a nice day, and I'm glad you understand.

I had a visit from Mr. Code Enforcement too. Put up this fence along with the "No Trespassing signs and have been good since. Cost a lot of money but it was worth it.

Only thing that I would add to that is white noise generators every 8 feet or so pointing away from your property. Then your neighbors are pretty much blind and deaf. Can't see nothing, can't hear nothing on your side.

We built a 6 foot privacy fence all around the back of our house. The only time people can see in is when we take a car out or bring a car back in. Right now there are 3 Chryslers, a supercoupe and a 49 Cadillac hearse back there. We get reported by nosey people about twice a year to make sure I'm not running a business. The code man comes out to see what I"m working on, we have coffee, go for a ride in whatever is outside the fence and he says 'see you next time'. I hate some of my neighbors.

Back