Cold Case is here to help

This is pretty exciting. My car in Phoenix summers will thank you.

I'm about to take this heavy *** radiator to the post office here in about 10 minutes to start its journey to the great state of Pennsylvania.

in my earlier post, I called this radiator wasted. its not - it held fluid, but had a nasty looking repair at one point in its life.

The guys got it opened up and everything is ok. We're going to start looking at all the dimensions paying particular attention to the shroud mounting position. At first glance, I was very encouraged that we may only have to make minor modifications to our drawings to be able to provide a direct fit for this radiator and shroud.

The guys got it opened up and everything is ok. We're going to start looking at all the dimensions paying particular attention to the shroud mounting position. At first glance, I was very encouraged that we may only have to make minor modifications to our drawings to be able to provide a direct fit for this radiator and shroud.
And I assume, as stated, you'll be comparing it to the pictures/dimensions posted of the 1970 Fury radiator as well?

1970 383 Sport Fury Radiator with AC (supposedly)

Part # tag at Core, 1260332, Made in USA. No part #s stamped on tanks.

Measurements

Core
26.25 inches wide
17.25 inches high
2.0 inches deep
Tanks
27.0 inches wide, upper and lower
3.0 inches deep, upper and lower
2.5 inches high, upper; 1.75 inches high, lower
Mounting Brackets
1.125 inches wide, left side, 2.0 inches wide, right side
Fan Shroud
Mounts 1.0 inch to rear of core
Mounts are 1.0 inch wide
16.675 inches center to center, height between upper and lower mounting studs. Center of 3 studs on each side mounts exactly midway between the upper and lower stud
25.25 inches wide, center to center, horizontal measurement across studs
Ports, inlet and outlet
1.5 inch outer diameter, upper inlet port
1.75 inch outer diameter, lower outlet port

I’m sure that I have left out some measurements that are pertinent. I’m glad to take other measurements if you tell me what they are.
Your radiator appears to be a perfect match to the 1968 radiator that Saylor provided us. The side brackets that mount to the support on yours are slightly different. I suspect that your radiator is not an original. I'm fairly positive Saylor's is. The only difference is that the original has slots for mounting on the bottom. Our radiator model MOP754A is a perfect match dimensionally and should mount without modification on a 1966-1970 C-body that had a 26" radiator. However, the OEM shroud will not fit our model. We are going to modify the side brackets and produce a sample production run of 'correct' 1966-1970 C-body radiators that will be able to use the OEM fan shroud. It's just going to take a little time. Figure late March early April.

In the mean time, if any 1966-1970 C-body owners need a full radiator kit from us, we have a bolt in solution. No mods needed. :)

If you are not a 66-70 C-body owner, use this topic as an example of members helping members. Post pics, dimensions and volunteer old beat up original radiators! :)

The squeaky wheel DOES get the oil! :)

Thanks to everyone for helping.

Your radiator appears to be a perfect match to the 1968 radiator that Saylor provided us. The side brackets that mount to the support on yours are slightly different. I suspect that your radiator is not an original. I'm fairly positive Saylor's is. The only difference is that the original has slots for mounting on the bottom. Our radiator model MOP754A is a perfect match dimensionally and should mount without modification on a 1966-1970 C-body that had a 26" radiator. However, the OEM shroud will not fit our model. We are going to modify the side brackets and produce a sample production run of 'correct' 1966-1970 C-body radiators that will be able to use the OEM fan shroud. It's just going to take a little time. Figure late March early April.

In the mean time, if any 1966-1970 C-body owners need a full radiator kit from us, we have a bolt in solution. No mods needed. :)

If you are not a 66-70 C-body owner, use this topic as an example of members helping members. Post pics, dimensions and volunteer old beat up original radiators! :)

That’s awesome. I’m in for one for my 70 when you’re ready

this is pretty awesome huh :)

thanks @ cold case!

aight c-body world. there you go. stock radiator replacement comin right up.

merry christmas

gonna be stayin cool while trying not to die -

- saylor

this is pretty awesome huh :)

thanks @ cold case!

aight c-body world. there you go. stock radiator replacement comin right up.

merry christmas

gonna be stayin cool while trying not to die -

- saylor
Hey man thanks for sending your radiator and shroud. Much appreciated!

Hi Cold Case
What do you think will be the price of the new radiator?
I am no expert on 71 and 72 cars, but I don't think the anything cooling changed until 73, what proof do you need that this would be a 1966-72 radiator?
Thanks, Ben

I have a 74 Fury big block with shroud I can make some templates out of cardboard with hole locations and some pictures. Not sure I want to part with it completely though.
Any interest?

Hi Cold Case
What do you think will be the price of the new radiator?
I am no expert on 71 and 72 cars, but I don't think the anything cooling changed until 73, what proof do you need that this would be a 1966-72 radiator?
Thanks, Ben
We should be able to stay in the $399 retail price range with these models but if any of you want to do a group buy while waiting, I'll come up with a special price.

As far as 71-72 cars, I think you are looking at a very similar unit. It's possible that the inlet and outlets changed? Maybe the fan shroud changed but the radiator didn't. We just need pics and dimensions from a couple of 71-72 owners. Someone mentioned 73 and 74 as well. Maybe they will match or be only a minor modification to produce.

Back