Cold Case is here to help

I have a 74 Fury big block with shroud I can make some templates out of cardboard with hole locations and some pictures. Not sure I want to part with it completely though.
Any interest?
Sure! Pics and some dimensions would be fine for now. It helps a LOT when the pics are with the radiator out of the car. I think its also way easier to measure.

Sure! Pics and some dimensions would be fine for now. It helps a LOT when the pics are with the radiator out of the car. I think its also way easier to measure.
It's out of the car.
I'll get them when I get a chance

PicsArt_12-16-05.36.30.jpg

We should be able to stay in the $399 retail price range with these models but if any of you want to do a group buy while waiting, I'll come up with a special price.

If anyone is interested in the group buy, I'm in for one for my 70 SF.

Looks like the same unit as the 66-70 but with both inlet and outlet on the RH side and petcock moves to the drivers side. Need to see the bracket and dimensions on the other side to be sure.
That is the unit I bought for my 76 C-body 440. I'm assuming it's a CHAMPION.
Everything was perfect except the verticle spacing of the mounting holes and the verticle spacing of the shroud mounts.
The correct spacing is show below.
Using all the dimensions of the radiator from Radiator Express AND the corrected dimensions of the holes & mounts as shown below, will give you a perfect Plug n Play radiator.
The widths between the holes are dead on.
A better view:
PicsArt_12-17-05.42.23.jpg
PicsArt_12-17-06.44.27.jpg
PicsArt_12-17-05.30.07.jpg
PicsArt_12-17-05.18.50.jpg

Last edited:
If I was building this radiator, I would look at doing multiple mounting holes to cover all the applications.

If I was building this radiator, I would look at doing multiple mounting holes to cover all the applications.
The locations of the tranny cooler line fittings and the radiator hose outlets may be different for 65-68 a/o 69-73.
Plus, the 74-78 radiators were much bigger than used on previous years. Interchange is doubtful.

The locations of the tranny cooler line fittings and the radiator hose outlets may be different for 65-68 a/o 69-73.
Yes, and I should have been more specific about that. It was just an off the cuff quip.

I think the locations of the hose outlets changed in 73, but I'm not sure.

I'm pretty sure I swapped a radiator out of a 70 SFGT into my 73 NYB, but I had to swap pump housings. That was so long ago (1976?) that I'm a little fuzzy on that... and what I had for breakfast this morning.

Hey. I'm just trying to get something that fits on the first try, man.... :lol:
I've done my part.
Now git'er dun.

Last edited:
Whoa. So they already have the prototypes done? That's great. I actually might get one of these before it starts getting hot out.
Just so there isn't any confusion, we used Saylor's original sample to confirm that our current 26" radiator will fit his car perfectly. However, a factory fan shroud does not fit our radiator. Saylor wanted electric fan kit therefore no fitment issues for his situation. We are working on modifying our current 26" radiator so a C body owner can mount his original fan shroud as a bolt on. That is going to take a good part of the Winter to get that into production. Hope that clears everything up.

Just so there isn't any confusion, we used Saylor's original sample to confirm that our current 26" radiator will fit his car perfectly. However, a factory fan shroud does not fit our radiator. Saylor wanted electric fan kit therefore no fitment issues for his situation. We are working on modifying our current 26" radiator so a C body owner can mount his original fan shroud as a bolt on. That is going to take a good part of the Winter to get that into production. Hope that clears everything up.
Any info on the electric fan kit for my car? Seeing as I plan on driving mine a ton and I live in the desert, it may not be a bad idea.

Any info on the electric fan kit for my car? Seeing as I plan on driving mine a ton and I live in the desert, it may not be a bad idea.
That's what we sent Saylor. It's all components we had on the shelf ready to go. We just needed one of you guys to help confirm fitment. You can PM me for a quote or you can wait for Saylor's installation for confirmation but we're very confident we have a very nice solution for C-body owners who prefer an electric fan kit. By Spring, we'll also be confident you can use your OEM fan shroud if you chose that route.

That's what we sent Saylor. It's all components we had on the shelf ready to go. We just needed one of you guys to help confirm fitment. You can PM me for a quote or you can wait for Saylor's installation for confirmation but we're very confident we have a very nice solution for C-body owners who prefer an electric fan kit. By Spring, we'll also be confident you can use your OEM fan shroud if you chose that route.
Sounds good. I'll wait to see how Saylor's kit fits.

I'm on it dudes! well, I'm procrastinating, but I'm on it. its fcking cold here. I have to work this week. babysitting the grandkids. life. dinner. more work. etc.

I know TX didn't get 63ft of snow like up in PA, and its not -47 degrees outside like the rest of the USA is right now, but damn. Texas cold is a special kind of cold - just ask anyone that's been here. it cuts thru you. somehow. and don't stop. until you are froze.

I will try to get out there and get this thing roughed-in so we can see whats doin.

side note - the shipping box is large enough to ship your grandkid to jamica...
20171227_174126.jpg

Let me kink that plan... my 1974's have a thermal vacuum switch in the top tank. I would have a hard time justifying the $$ for a "perfect fit" that didn't address that issue.

Also, how do you feel about black paint, at least on the tanks?

Let me kink that plan... my 1974's have a thermal vacuum switch in the top tank. I would have a hard time justifying the $$ for a "perfect fit" that didn't address that issue.

Also, how do you feel about black paint, at least on the tanks?
I think the 74-78 was going to have to be a separate project. If there needs to be threaded port for a vacuum switch, that kind of solidifies my fears. Not saying we won't do it but we have a lot to do with the earlier C bodies which, no offense, are more popular. :(

As far as painting an aluminum radiator goes, It's pretty basic;

1. dust with a metal etching primer and then use regular black OEM shine paint like factory did. Don't use a high temp paint! It will trap the heat in the radiator.
2. only paint the tanks. that's all you really see anyway.

Back