Cold Case is here to help

F
Personally, If I'm dropping $399 USD plus everything else that goes with it, It had better damn well drop right in and bolt up, considering I had a $89 parts store special that did just that..
Nobody on this site has to pay $399. That's our full retail price. In the future, contact me directly with your application and we will give a special C-body member price.

20180131_165849.jpg

passenger side lower slider channel needs to be extended longer/lower and moved inbound about 1/16"

20180131_165905.jpg

driver side lower mount hole is behind the solid piece.

I did not take measurements yet. take that up with the war department. she was helping me and it was dinnertime.

View attachment 165687
passenger side lower slider channel needs to be extended longer/lower and moved inbound about 1/16"

View attachment 165688

I did not take measurements yet. take that up with the war department. she was helping me and it was dinnertime.
This is good info! Funny how the first pictures told one story and the second tells a completely different story.
1. Adjusting the slot on the bottom is easy to do on the next production run.
2. I'm not sure what I'm looking at. Is a spacer needed behind that lower LH slot? or is there a hole behind our bracket that needs a hole created? or is it both?
btw, Brian is going to reach out to you tomorrow to review your situation and come up with a plan.

This is good info! Funny how the first pictures told one story and the second tells a completely different story.
1. Adjusting the slot on the bottom is easy to do on the next production run.
2. I'm not sure what I'm looking at. Is a spacer needed behind that lower LH slot? or is there a hole behind our bracket that needs a hole created? or is it both?
btw, Brian is going to reach out to you tomorrow to review your situation and come up with a plan.
I have a 69, 70, 72 and 73 core support and will measure the radiator mount points on all of them for you, I am 80% sure they will all be the same when it comes to the 26" radiator. I will let you know, if there are any differences i will take some pics too. I may also have a 22" radiator support as well if you want measurements from it.

Nice! Now we’re really getting somewhere. I love this product development stuff.

View attachment 165687

View attachment 165688

It looks like that left hand lower slot needs a piece of metal welded to it a or bracket that can affix to the current radiator hole. If if it were metal, one could easily weld on the correct piece connecting it to the core support lower driver’s side hole.

It looks like that left hand lower slot needs a piece of metal welded to it a or bracket that can affix to the current radiator hole. If if it were metal, one could easily weld on the correct piece connecting it to the core support lower driver’s side hole.
Something is not right. I have never seen a Mopar radiator mounting point that is 2 dimensional like that. They are all on one plane. I believe there is a hole in the support under our radiator bracket. That's a very easy add.

Something is not right. I have never seen a Mopar radiator mounting point that is 2 dimensional like that. They are all on one plane. I believe there is a hole in the support under our radiator bracket. That's a very easy add.

exactly there is a mount point under the bracket yes! the existing hole needs to move about 1/4" but yes. I don't think the slot will make it tho.

sigh my pictures suck lol too dark. it was daylight I swear. this weekend if the weather holds out I will get super detailed close up pictures, with flash even.

Alright here goes,
I measured multiple radiator supports and can now confirm that the 26in radiator support for the 69 to 73 c-bodies all have the same mount point dimensions on a single plane. They are however not square, the drivers top bolt hole is in perfect alignment vertically with the bottom hole on that side and the two top holes driver and passenger are horizontal. It is the bottom passenger hole that is higher on the frame and set toward the drivers side a little. I have loaded the pics below and these are the dimensions in Millimeters which will be more accurate.
Top bolt holes horizontal -- 716mm apart
Drivers side bottom hole is 360mm down from the top hole and is at a perfect 90 degrees from the horizontal.
Passengers side bottom hole is 296mm from the top hole.
Bottom holes are 707mm apart.

I also am 99% sure that the 66 to 68 radiator supports for Cbody will be the same dimensions.

Bottom horizontal 707mm.jpg
Dvr vertical 360mm.jpg
Passenger vertical 296mm.jpg
Top horizontal 716mm.jpg

Last edited:
These are the dimensions for the 22in radiator mount points below measured off a 69 Cbody, I am sure it will be the same for the year range described in my previous post. Note that the mount holes are more equidistant in this instance.

Top bolt holes horizontal -- 610mm apart
Drivers side bottom hole is 348mm down from the top hole and is at a perfect 90 degrees from the horizontal.
Passengers side bottom hole is 345mm from the top hole.
Bottom holes are 610mm apart.

I'm so glad we have such a good group of people here. It will be nice to have good quality stuff available for our cars.

I'll try to get the 66 measurements Saturday or Sunday, would love to have all possible data available for @Ccas to help us out. I hate when work gets in the way of fun!

Alright here goes,
I measured multiple radiator supports and can now confirm that the 26in radiator support for the 69 to 73 c-bodies all have the same mount point dimensions on a single plane. They are however not square, the drivers top bolt hole is in perfect alignment vertically with the bottom hole on that side and the two top holes driver and passenger are horizontal. It is the bottom passenger hole that is higher on the frame and set toward the drivers side a little. I have loaded the pics below and these are the dimensions in Millimeters which will be more accurate.
Top bolt holes horizontal -- 716mm apart
Drivers side bottom hole is 360mm down from the top hole and is at a perfect 90 degrees from the horizontal.
Passengers side bottom hole is 296mm from the top hole.
Bottom holes are 707mm apart.

I also am 99% sure that the 66 to 68 radiator supports for Cbody will be the same dimensions.

View attachment 165905 View attachment 165906 View attachment 165907 View attachment 165908
Gary your skill set continues to impress the dog poop out of me... I look at that yard stick and would be hard pressed to find a sixteenth, let alone a millimeter...:wideyed:

Gary your skill set continues to impress the dog poop out of me... I look at that yard stick and would be hard pressed to find a sixteenth, let alone a millimeter...:wideyed:
Shucks, my head is going to get so big I wont be able to leave the house as it wont fit through the doorway anymore!

Just checking in. What's the plan for fixing the issue and a time frame for the fix, Cold Case? Thanks.

I got the radiator support, but it's for a 22" core. Are you planning any 22" radiators, or just the larger ones?

So, I thought that I would share this here.

the B body forum's version of this is barely 1 page and they were jerks.....
Cold Case is here to help

I am glad that we are willing to work with him to try to get some parts for us. I'm guessing their attitude is the reason why he stopped talking to them on the forum....

It would really make sense to offer both.
We have several 22" mopar radiators. This topic just seemed to gravitate toward the 26" units.
If you guys can start a 22" topic, we can share specs and ideas specifically for the 22" units and various years.

Back