Color - finally!

superfragl

Reaction score
I`ve been working on the Fury for 6 months now and what a great felling to see her painted!!
Had to replace rear frame rails, trunk floor, quarter panels, multiple patches, etc.
It came out ok for a garage paint job. Had a couple runs in clear coat, but that is fixable.
Cheers
DSCN7791.jpgDSCN7794.jpgDSCN7797.jpg

DSCN7791.jpg

DSCN7794.jpg

DSCN7797.jpg

Beautiful car, beautiful color and beautiful work! Where are you located? How much of it did you do yourself? It would be interesting to hear how you got such good results. Thanks for sharing the photos!

Thank you folks! I am located in MA. I did all work myself. This is first time I painted a car (did a couple motorcycles before) and first time I used HVLP gun. Tried to follow general body work guidelines. Lots of work, but well worth it.

Thank you folks! I am located in MA. I did all work myself. This is first time I painted a car (did a couple motorcycles before) and first time I used HVLP gun. Tried to follow general body work guidelines. Lots of work, but well worth it.
Nice work dude! That color is really beautiful! What brand of gun and paint did you use? Did you wet sand between coats?

Nice job! I'm at about the same stage but I didn't paint mine. Give you a lot of credit. Color?

Really nice, love the color! I'd call it burnt orange.

The color is Turbine Bronze. It really looks darker in the shade, but in the sun it is more like polished copper and looks mellower.
I used HVLP gun Sharpe 3000 series with 1.4 tip. It`s inexpensive - around $70, but works very well. Sprays the primer good too.
The paint is Martin Senour (Sherwin Williams) from NAPA, Crossfire 56 series. Clear coat - Martin Senour Ultimate. Same brand high build primer.
I did not sand between the coats - the base coat has very good coverage and does not produce orange peel. I will be sanding the clear coat with 1000 sand paper and will put additional slick coat of clear - reason for that - I was able to put only two coats of clear initially because I was so exhausted and just physically could not do a third coat... I did not expect this will be a tough job )) However, it took me 3.5 hours to do 3 coats of base and 2 coats of clear which I think is not too bad for a rookie.
This is what she looked like when I started. Pretty much every panel had rust and holes... When I started stripping the quarter panels I found 1/8" thick angle iron welded into wheel wells and lots of bondo over it, 1.5" thick in some spots... So the panels had to be replaced... Since no one makes them I had to make new ones...
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

You truly have "The Gift" for metal and paint work. Mighty fine job you did there.

Also, the Turbine Bronze color is one of my all-time favorites.

Back