Color HELP!

road runner looks like atomic orange to me
th?id=OIP.KKOTaf1I5OcFomSLG-kZ6AHaFj&pid=15.jpg

WOooow it almost does. Interesting. Thanks for that. Do you know what the color code is for that?

Do yourself a favor and stay within the era of available colors. People see colors they like on a chip or a late model car but make no consideration of how it will look with the original interior colors... and there is far more to an interior than just "seats", although the photo below makes my point..

The door panel (original) leans towards the yellow end of green, while the seat leans towards blue. (Green is a mix of primary colors yellow and blue.) When you see them together it says "amateur". That's why some art & color guy was pulling down $17k a year in '68, making sure the dozens of colors were harmonious with each other. That might sound high-falutin', but it's the difference between making a car look like "new" or some kid's fix-up project.

IMG_20180621_065309.png

A good Point to stay within period correct Colors, the new ones have way too much metallic effect or even some Color changes due to some integrated Color glaze.
You already have a considerable Deviation with original met. paint in todays usual 2k configuration, anything more I would consider over the top.

Last edited:
Do yourself a favor and stay within the era of available colors. People see colors they like on a chip or a late model car but make no consideration of how it will look with the original interior colors... and there is far more to an interior than just "seats", although the photo below makes my point..

The door panel (original) leans towards the yellow end of green, while the seat leans towards blue. (Green is a mix of primary colors yellow and blue.) When you see them together it says "amateur". That's why some art & color guy was pulling down $17k a year in '68, making sure the dozens of colors were harmonious with each other. That might sound high-falutin', but it's the difference between making a car look like "new" or some kid's fix-up project.

View attachment 193056

Great point. My knee jerk was to keep it all original-interior and exterior. That being said, and given I got lucky, the original interior color is black on black. The seats have been re-wrapped as well as the door panels have been redone all with the same material. With that not in the equation, color match to interior (door panels, carpet and seats) it would be easy to assume I have clean slate? Am I missing something? Not to sound condescending, sorry if I do.

that is 2009 corvette atomic orange. look at many pics though as there is a lot of color variance with different lighting and angles. notice how in the picture the front looks like a different color from the back. house of color has a nice orange also:
Kolor Details - House Of Kolor
KBC08-lg.jpg

Burnt Orange Metallic, regardless who's version of it is, literally changes it's color by the hour.
I also see it as a modern color, not a classic color.

A generic modern orange will be a mistake, not only from the "era" perspective, but because Turbine bronze has some cool copper (pinkish) undertones that don't show up in photographs.

With all the debates, great points and chimes very much appreciated, I am going to go original M1 or M for 1968. I always knew I would (because I know my gramps would prefer that) I just thought I would entertain the idea because I liked that T5/burnt orange what ever it is. And I like it on THAT car in the picture I posted. I imagine when the paint is new with BCCC it's going to look alright in Turbine Bronze Metallic. I'll post some pics when I'm done.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and perspective.

Back