Console for 72 Fury

Moseman

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just another question/crazy idea. I would like to put bucket seats in my 2 door 72 Fury. To complement the buckets, I am seriously considering grafting in 72 B Body console. (as C body consoles are really scarce) I can get all of the parts to do so, console, shifter, bracketry, etc. (I can also source the same for 68/69 B Body)
What are your thoughts about doing so? Or am I just being foolish?

Seems like there are some pictures of the differences in a B-body console shift handle and a similar C-body item, in a "console" thread not too long ago? I suspect the shifter mechanism is the same, but might the shift rod to the trans need to be a little bit longer? Or was that compensated for with the longer chrome shifter arm itself? Just curious. Haven't looked in the parts book to verify just yet.

CBODY67

Buckets and a floor shift console will give the car a different feel than a bench seat or split bench will.

CBODY67

It depends what year B-body console you're referring to. '71+ are not the same.

I'm going to be contrary, but not for purist sake... Unless you fab-up some kind of thick cushion for the lid, those consoles suck until 1975 when they finally gave them a useful armrest.

Yes, they look cool. But you'll be wishing you had the armrest back after a few miles.

Im contemplating doing that to my wagon. Got bucket seats out of a 70 300 going in this weekend and I'm gonna either add the buddy seat or leave it out and do the console thing

Was there a console option in 72 for a C-body?
Isn't the 72 B-body console the slapstick-style thing used in E-bodies like Carmine alluded to?
I don't think the 66-70-style B-body console would look right in a 72 - I would think a 75-77 Charger/Cordoba would look more appropriate to emulate a factory look in a 72.

Isn't the 72 B-body console the slapstick-style thing used in E-bodies like Carmine alluded to?
I don't think the 66-70-style B-body console would look right in a 72 - I would think a 75-77 Charger/Cordoba would look more appropriate to emulate a factory look in a 72.

And a damn site more useful as well!

Do it. Buckets and a console are great. As an added bonus it'll drive the purists crazy, lol
Well, I have two Imperials that are original, my 72 Gran Coupe will be original with the exception of exhaust (I may buff out the red paint, and see how it comes out), and maybe both of my Cordobas will be original, so, I think I can change one to my liking.

Thanks,

It depends what year B-body console you're referring to. '71+ are not the same.

I'm going to be contrary, but not for purist sake... Unless you fab-up some kind of thick cushion for the lid, those consoles suck until 1975 when they finally gave them a useful armrest.

Yes, they look cool. But you'll be wishing you had the armrest back after a few miles.
I will research that, I can go to an earlier year - 68/69

Thank you,

The 70 console should look right at home through the 73 model year of Cs.

I would swear that we saw a 72 Fury that came through here with a factory console .

‘67 Charger has a nice armrest on the console and is the same housing as all other ‘67-‘70 B and C bodies.

True, and I think C's of that era did as well. But realistically that could serve as nothing more than a "guide" to make a new one. Very long odds to find one that is usable.

A lot of used ones out there . The console and all the trimmings are available reproduction

Back