Convertible C Bodies.. Let's see some - Perfect or project.. Condition Don't Matter!

still in process , got side track'd again , lol . story of my life , lol . in order of pics 67 300 rag , 65 880 rag , no a rag , but side track 69 d200 crewcab .
DSC03395[1].JPG
DSC03374.JPG
DSC03379.JPG
DSC08125.JPG
DSC08184.JPG
DSC07920.JPG
DSC07922.JPG
DSC00804.JPG
DSC00808.JPG
DSC00816.JPG

I know it's a little late but here's my 65 Polara
That's purdy, Rex, but it's not a factory color, is it? Do you know what it is?
Here's a couple raggedy comparo's for ya........
upload_2017-7-28_19-49-25.png

upload_2017-7-28_19-51-14.png

upload_2017-7-28_19-52-24.png

Can you guess which project was the project replacement??

I know it's a little late but here's my 65 Polara

I am fairly certain that it is LL1 - dark turquoise poly. I say that because it is one of the colours I looked at for my 300.

That looks like 65 K code color. Medium Turquoise Metallic?? It could be darker though.... I'm looking at my paint code sheet for 65. I could be wrong.

View attachment 135987
View attachment 135990
View attachment 135991

What your not building two of them...... got to save them all.... :poke:

But realistically, I have been considering side skirts on my 65 and your picture and Rexers picture might be swaying me have a set painted just incase i want to put them on....
On another note

Do you happen to have a extra set of side trim for the two door convertible hanging around? My car doesn't have any of it.

Do you happen to have a extra set of side trim for the two door convertible hanging around? My car doesn't have any of it.
Yeah, right. Those skinny little 8 foot long moldings haven't survived the years all that well and are quite difficult to find. Even the doors aren't easy and they're only half as long. Front fender pieces are a dime a dozen (comparatively).

View attachment 135987
View attachment 135990
View attachment 135991
Mike, it's Dark Turquoise Metallic which is the factory color but it's sometimes hard to tell in pictures. I can't wait to see your finished product on the convertible. It looks like the body is in really good shape on the new rag top. How's the motor?

Mike, it's Dark Turquoise Metallic which is the factory color but it's sometimes hard to tell in pictures. I can't wait to see your finished product on the convertible. It looks like the body is in really good shape on the new rag top. How's the motor?
I think that's the first one I've seen in that color, or at least the first one that still had any shine to it and it looks way different than the little chips on the card. Mine's that baby blue but the wifegod is pushing for a darker hue when I get that far. Yeah, the body is near perfect but for a few minor bumps and bruises but for a car that got driven a fair bit it's excellent. Mechanically it's pretty much toast, I'm still trying to make up my mind whether to do a 383 or dig out the 413, have gotten to be reasonably sure I'm not gonna switch it to a 4 speed though.......

rexer , i ran a hot solid cammed , headered , iron headed 383 with twin fours , and then hotter hyd cam with a six pack . under the hood . but its going to go 426 with a 4spd , its a costly change over to the stick in my 65 880 rag , putting 66 300 bucket seats with a hurst shifter lever coming through the floor hump . but i'm more hodrodder then most . oh ya make sure what your 413 has the mounting bracket bosses on the drivers front of the block for the motor mount . some don't have them drilled n tapped .

fargo , is that how canadians spell 'dodge' , lol . no just kidding . fargo is a great truck , pretty much a dodge in d'skys . well fratzog , i've been a dodge truck fan from the get go you might say . my avatar pics says that was my beginning to learn of vehicle operations . first vehicle i broke parts in too , broke an axle in it . well , doing what would have just trash a modern 4x4 . lol . a hill side with crossed timbers laying all over the trail . i told my dad '' its not climbing as far now '' dad said , it sounds like you at the drag strip , boy . what the hell n f... are you doing '' i said '' just bring the truck up there so we can load it . '' dad '' why didn't you drive around to the top on the road . '' i said '' you said being the truck up here . so i walked the down the trail thinking i'll do may best i can . but now it won't climb over that group of crossed logs . '' dad '' crossed logs! '' . oh ya this was after a few tries at climbing that trail , i don't need to tell you how pissed off he got , and let me know all the way home from the job site up in the mountains . then made me fit it were we went back . still got the truck and that broken axle , lol . and to add i have dodge pick ups from 36 to 72 . i'm an adic , lol .

Last year for Fargo up here in Canada was 72. You are right they were basically re-badged Dodges sold at Plymouth dealerships. My dad had a concrete business (septic tanks and side walk slabs etc.) That's where I learned the worth of a good truck.

Back