Convertible top cables, I'll need one.

Here is the porpoise of the rear cables shown on the same page:lol:
View attachment 304948View attachment 304949

View attachment 304950

The guy out in Cali called it an intermediate cable. It's the rear cable.

So this afternoon, I squeezed the cabling together as best as I could and dropped a bit of bronze brazing rod into the mess andc binding it to the eyelet.
I installed the cable back in the car but before installing the top screw I put some white grease in the eyelet. I believe the eyelet was binding on the screw and bending the wires at the eyelet, causing them to pinch and break.

I have pictures to send to the place in Cali so I'll see if the cables can be made.

I'll look at my top tomorrow.

I would agree that you are probably missing the Velcro tab that holds it in place, that’s what’s on mine. I believe the original may have had a stitched in tab. Do you have a pad running front to back on both sides. They are about 3 or 4 inches wide. The Velcro is attached to them. I will get pics tomorrow.

I do have fabric cloth running from front to back but there is no velcro strips.

I can add them though with some good contact glue.
Look forward to the pictures:thumbsup:

I do have fabric cloth running from front to back but there is no velcro strips.

I can add them though with some good contact glue.
Look forward to the pictures:thumbsup:

As requested...
Top Cable 8 .JPG

^^^ You can see how tight the top is, and yet,

Top Cable 9 .JPG

There is no glue, stitching, velcro, zip, nada, holding the top fabric to the bow. But I can tell you the bow does move or shift. It's as tight as can be.

Here are the instructions I got with my top. I glued a strip of material to the bow and then the top to the material. Also attached are a couple of pics. My bow never gives me any issues at all.

2DE9235D-9E04-4606-8EB4-DD8A8E09C24D.jpeg

C657FD5C-C74F-4B4B-BFCB-317A59861827.jpeg

B195D5E1-C3B7-4E9B-B9E8-B7947DFE2844.jpeg

E766F4A5-9BB7-4955-A9D6-28B805D025E9.jpeg

As requested...View attachment 305094

^^^ You can see how tight the top is, and yet,

View attachment 305095
There is no glue, stitching, velcro, zip, nada, holding the top fabric to the bow. But I can tell you the bow does move or shift. It's as tight as can be.

this is how mine is but the bow likes to fall back during driving & I have to pop it back into the upright position expecting within 20-30 minutes it will have fallen again.

this is how mine is but the bow likes to fall back during driving & I have to pop it back into the upright position expecting within 20-30 minutes it will have fallen again.

My bow won't move at all. I got in the car and grabbed it with both hands. I would guess there's an issue where it attaches to the main frame.

Back