Convertible Top Well Drains

rexus31

Reaction score
Does anybody have part number for the metal top well drains and the accompanying rubber grommets that go in the top self of the trunk floor for a 1965 Chrysler Convertible? Here are a couple pics:

They look familiar to the 67 fastop drain holes for the rear flow-thru ventilation system.They use a drain hose for the vented tray area behind the rear window that runs thru to a hole above the rear axle shelf,one on each side of the car.The hose looks like it's about an inch in diameter on the coupe.

I believe the drains are 2499 091 The parts book has them in section 23-59-25 Drain - Folding Top Well.

Looks like they used them in all 1964-65 Convertibles and all '66 Convertibles except the B bodies.

Didn't spot a listing for the grommets, but aren't they just regular body plugs with a hole in the middle?

I've never run across them anywhere. One of mine went missing for a while, and the shop that did the top didn't have a source. He suggested a boat supply place might , but I just made a temporary replacement out of hardware store parts.

Back