Coolest thing(s) I've seen in awhile.

Petersen museum cars will drive streets of L.A. in President’s Day parade

1952-chrysler-imperial-parade-phaeton-1.jpg

call-it-a-chrysler-imperial-one-more-time.jpg

Some of you know that I live in rural Michigan, I am about a hour north of Detroit. Today I was leaving our church and heading west on M-46 was a Dodge Ram towing a trailer loaded with a mid 60's Imperial. I am not a expert on the years, but I believe it was a 65 or 66. I thought the trunk looked like this
220px-1965_Imperial_Crown_back.jpg

or this
200px-1966ChryslerImperialRear.jpg

It was going by at 60 mph so it was hard to tell. I followed hoping to get a pic, but I was about a mile behind. I saw him turning south on M-53 heading towards Marlette and I thought I would catch him before I turned to go home, but he was stretching out his lead by a lot. When I turned off about a mile before town I never saw him.
He must have been flying, in certain spots on M-53 I can see a couple of miles ahead and I never spotted him.
A member here maybe? I am assuming it's going to be saved.

Some of you know that I live in rural Michigan, I am about a hour north of Detroit. Today I was leaving our church and heading west on M-46 was a Dodge Ram towing a trailer loaded with a mid 60's Imperial. I am not a expert on the years, but I believe it was a 65 or 66. I thought the trunk looked like this
View attachment 263246

or this
View attachment 263247

It was going by at 60 mph so it was hard to tell. I followed hoping to get a pic, but I was about a mile behind. I saw him turning south on M-53 heading towards Marlette and I thought I would catch him before I turned to go home, but he was stretching out his lead by a lot. When I turned off about a mile before town I never saw him.
He must have been flying, in certain spots on M-53 I can see a couple of miles ahead and I never spotted him.
A member here maybe? I am assuming it's going to be saved.

For possibly seeing it in the future:
1964 (Chrysler) Imperial Spotter's Guide
1965 Imperial Spotter's Guide
1966 (Chrysler) Imperial Spotter's Guide

Back