Custom cars

some amazing craftsmanship and works of art even, but not my cup of tea, never has been , never will be
I can respect that. It sums up how I feel about %90 percent of the stock vehicles out there. I really do appreciate those of you that restore them to a factory "T". A good friend of mine feels the same way, we have this argument often. I just see a stock car as a blank canvas. I don't have the sack for a lot of body mods, I'm not a body guy, I don't have any experience in metal other than melting it together. Sure wish I did tho. I love the full on customs but I really like the cars that look like they could have come from the factory that way. It's like owning and driving a concept car. I could go on but, in the words of many before me, I digress....oh wait I guess I did go on.:lol:

My father did some work for Hot Wheels designer Bruce Schultz for a little while, Bruce owns the true to life NoNomad that was turned into a Hot Wheels. I saw the car first hand when it was pretty much a stock 57 2-door wagon with a Cadillac mid engine utilizing the 60's front wheel drive transaxle. While my father spent time there he developed the roof-line that is now on the car. The car started of as a 2-door wagon not a Nomad hence the name NoNomad.

BruceSchultz-1.jpg

Alan
Many many likes for that Alan! Stunning!

Customs in their native habitat. :) a Mid 1950's car show. The photo is colorized.

source: Thrifty Parking-lot Show - Custom Car Chronicle

Thanks to 300rag and big_john, my question of whether contemporary lowered/chopped cars existed back then as answered .. that's HOW they did them back then. I thought it was a more modern phenomenon.

Bob Hirohata's '51 two-tone Merc is there too (a George Barris design) upper middle of photo:

source: http://www.rodauthority.com/news/iconic-steel-the-barris-built-1951-hirohata-merc/

00-1-4-jpg.119294
00-1-2-jpg.119281

00-1-3-1-jpg.119283

Back