Customer's cars

Hmmm...I think I swing closer to Turboomni's opinion. I have yet to see a fine Chrysler automobile grabbing kudos at a GM Is Us site...and wouldn't expect to either.

I think we've had some really great threads about other brand cars here. Not to pick on you, but this one came to mind. Nothingness doctrine.

I've said this forum has a broad amount of interest in things besides cars. Why wouldn't that also apply to appreciating other brands of cars and especially appreciating the affection that other owners have for their cars... regardless of the brand?

The Skylark and the Firebird fit perfectly with the thread. They are a customer's car that one of our members was working on. Isn't that great that we have that type of talent on this board?

Throwing my hat into the ring...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

300Rag didn't let me work on it but he is a customer....
image.jpeg

And technically I was a customer as I paid to have this done....
image.jpeg

Thought I'd get back on topic...

I'm pretty sure I've never seen a go wing on a 68-70 Charger before.

Asked him about that didn't have an answer. 300Rag knew the man who owned it from day one (his widow has it now) maybe he knows the story :poke:

People put all kinds of crap on their car. They figure that because it was on one model of Mopar, that it will look right on another model. Kind of like putting a shaker hood scoop on a Monaco. :poke:

It looks out of place to me because it wasn't born with it, if it would have came that way I guess it wouldn't look so bad.

Congrats on the new job. Have you always been a mechanic? Don't recall hearing what you did for a living before.
Yep, I've always been a Mechanic, after 5 years of taking people's **** and being underpaid I was essentially thrown under the bus...........It pushed some buttons with me.....I put out my resume on a Monday evening, I had 4 job interviews lined up by the next afternoon....I ended up choosing one of the best.

33 years of business, benefits, uniform service, competitive wages with a promise of a raise in 3 months if they like what they see......I'm doing much better....

is that enough of a hijack for you Turboomni? Or should I tell my life story from my first memory to what I ate for breakfast?

Nick

It is funny I had been on a couple of other car sites over the years and you get a moderator or a senior member reminding you to stay on topic. This site is totally different and will admit it was odd to me at first, but some of the best posts result from the off topic comments. Rarely does anyone take it further than some friendly banter.

I think we've had some really great threads about other brand cars here. Not to pick on you, but this one came to mind. Nothingness doctrine.
Yup, remember that...it was fun pointing out design cues of different marques......but.then that was the point...a real sharp point. Just saying the sentiment in wanting to keep a mopar site all mopar is no different from wanting to keep a classic chrysler car all chrysler. Or perhaps it is not the same.

Last edited:

Love the charger but the wing has to go.

Asked him about that didn't have an answer. 300Rag knew the man who owned it from day one (his widow has it now) maybe he knows the story :poke:

People put all kinds of crap on their car. They figure that because it was on one model of Mopar, that it will look right on another model. Kind of like putting a shaker hood scoop on a Monaco. :poke:

Sorry to burst your bubble, guys, but...

out of the '70 data book

charger.jpg

Go wings still don't look right on any B bodies, but was available in 70.

If you guys start staying on topic I'm outta here.
I feel confident that all of you can't stay on topic long enough that I will go away.:icon_fU:

I responded that way because at the time I interpreted it as someone trying to upstage another and taking the spotlight from the OP. I thought this was rather rude. I guess this was not the case so my apologies.

Back