Customer's cars

I posted before I saw your post, I guess we must have great minds because were thinking alike. :rolleyes:
Most CAT dealers will set up backyard tours so the little guys can get up close and personal w some of the big iron. Our parts manager even stocks little CAT hats for afterwards. It’s as easy as popping in signing some waiver (#%$&@ing lawyers!) and setting up a day to walk the yard. Not all branch stores will have big iron in the yard. We’re a strange bird because of all the mining in our area. We are putting together a bunch of 777G trucks next year and I’ll snap boxes to running for you guys. Coming from Az I tease that all we got out here is “lawn and garden” compared to a 797 a 777 is pretty small. 797truck takes 18 tractor trailers to deliver and are assembled on the job site.

compared to a 797 a 777 is pretty small.

That is a monster. I'll add it to the list of "things" that I'd like to drive:usflag:
upload_2019-6-29_13-39-20.png

RM21U. Wow no pop out window superbirds so that really was the one that got away. How bad was the rust ? That bumper looks awful thin....

I'd say better than average rust issues. It was a vinal top car and had the typical roof rust issues, lower front fenders, some perforated floors and trunk. All very fixable. Bumper was junk. Replaceable item. So far it is the only RM21U known.
Story I got was that someone high up at the assembly plant ordered a 383 delete car and substuted the 440. Kind of like the A12 69's.

Most CAT dealers will set up backyard tours so the little guys can get up close and personal w some of the big iron. Our parts manager even stocks little CAT hats for afterwards. It’s as easy as popping in signing some waiver (#%$&@ing lawyers!) and setting up a day to walk the yard. Not all branch stores will have big iron in the yard. We’re a strange bird because of all the mining in our area. We are putting together a bunch of 777G trucks next year and I’ll snap boxes to running for you guys. Coming from Az I tease that all we got out here is “lawn and garden” compared to a 797 a 777 is pretty small. 797truck takes 18 tractor trailers to deliver and are assembled on the job site.

Working in the oil sands as a summer student we were around all kinds of heavy haulers. Triple 7’s were the little guys back then. Watched a chevy 1/2 ton get crushed when the idiot parked in his blindspot good thing he wasn’t in it.

I was driving a Cat 14G maintaining haul roads at 17. Can’t imagine they’d let that happen today....

Working in the oil sands as a summer student we were around all kinds of heavy haulers. Triple 7’s were the little guys back then. Watched a chevy 1/2 ton get crushed when the idiot parked in his blindspot good thing he wasn’t in it.

I was driving a Cat 14G maintaining haul roads at 17. Can’t imagine they’d let that happen today....

Probably should have stayed doing that. . .

The Military will let-make that happen, lol

A couple more for you guy's
65 GTO

65 gto.jpg

65 gto2.jpg

65 gto3.jpg

65 gto4.jpg

We are doing a full rewire and while we have it another guy is doing the seats and headliner

55 Pontiac Star Chief, it came in for the trans. It ended up getting the trans rebuilt.
55 pontiac.jpg

55 pontiac2.jpg

The 71 340 Cuda I shown before had a engine noise, upon tear down we found the crank looking like this...

340 crank1.jpg

340 crank2.jpg

340 crank3.jpg

340 crank4.jpg

Yes it's is bad as it looks, I have never seen a crank and bearings so bad that didn't spin a bearing. The engine was purchased by the owner about 10 years ago as being rebuilt, he put 150 miles on it and it started making noise.

A couple more for you guy's
65 GTO

View attachment 327300

View attachment 327301

View attachment 327302

View attachment 327303
We are doing a full rewire and while we have it another guy is doing the seats and headliner

55 Pontiac Star Chief, it came in for the trans. It ended up getting the trans rebuilt.
View attachment 327304

View attachment 327310

The 71 340 Cuda I shown before had a engine noise, upon tear down we found the crank looking like this...

View attachment 327312

View attachment 327313
View attachment 327314
View attachment 327315

Yes it's is bad as it looks, I have never seen a crank and bearings so bad that didn't spin a bearing. The engine was purchased by the owner about 10 years ago as being rebuilt, he put 150 miles on it and it started making noise.
Wow... I'm thinking it took some real dedication to allow it to run so long and eat that crank.

Wow I've seen a cast crank similar out of a motor home, and a gazillion miles, but never a forged crank. Must have been a "special" rebuild.

Had a 59 belvedere come in with a generator problem, the boss fixed him up. I didn't have a chance to get any pic's of it. It was his uncle's it originally came from Ok, aqua with white, 4 door, 318 poly, dealer add on a/c, and it's a survivor car. Some minor paint touch up, under hood touch up. It is a beauty when it comes in again I will get some pic's.
Here are some pic's of the 59 Belvedere

belv.jpg

59 bel 2.jpg

59 bel 3.jpg

It was in before we got the snow last week

When the red 71 Cuda was in the shop, we had a guy come in and put on the billboards
billboard.jpg

I had this 86 Chevy in for a engine swap, it was a 350. He had a 454 built over the winter, I installed the engine, stall converter, headers, modify and build a couple of brackets for the P/S and throttle cable, lengthen the starter wiring and alternator wiring, install the MSD distributor and 6AL with rev control. The Machine shop that built it figured it was about 525 HP. It sounds really good .

86 chevy.jpg

big block1.jpg

big block2.jpg

This just came in ..... Were supposed to install a new cam and lifters

70 nova.jpg

70 Nova SS 396, looks pretty good, needs seats done. I don't know if it's a true SS, but has a lot of the things to make it one.

70 nova2.jpg

There is also this, the best part of the car....4 speed

70 nova3.jpg

I found these on my phone, I must have taken them last year when the Nova was at the shop

Clean example of a Vette pace car, 40,000 miles and in great shape.

vette.jpg

vette2.jpg

Very clean Camaro, under 80,000 if I remember right.
camaro.jpg

camaro2.jpg

I had this in last week
78 cad.jpg

Water pump, timing chain and gears, belts, master cylinder, front brake hoses, front pads, rotors turned, A/C changed to R-134A, light dimmer switch and pigtail, front wheel bearings and outer C/V boots. It should be all ready for the trip my customer wants to take it on.

Back