Dale's 1969 Chrysler 300 Coupe

There is a Car Quest in town here that mixes up and matches custom paint. I go to them with a sample and tell them what I want to do with it and they make it up on the spot for me. At least I hope they still do, Advance Auto Parts recently bought them out and I am hoping they are keeping the service.
They bought those a year ago... they must be just getting around to ruining yours now...:mad:

There is a Car Quest in town here that mixes up and matches custom paint. I go to them with a sample and tell them what I want to do with it and they make it up on the spot for me. At least I hope they still do, Advance Auto Parts recently bought them out and I am hoping they are keeping the service.
We have one locally also. Never would have occurred to me to check there. Thanks.

They better not!
IDK... it looks to me like they are burning off the carquest inventories... once that's done, I bet it's just another store that like to tell you the stuff you need isn't available.

I forgot all about this thread so I better add to it. Some pics of work done this week, adding the armrests in the car, the flash of the camera makes them stand out far more than in real life, check the image of the drivers door card without the flash of the camera going off and you will see what I mean.
Also, I have been fixing the new steering wheel for the car, I just primered it today and will work on the last few blemishes that show up and then rub it back for its final top coat.

armrests.jpg
armrests1.jpg
door handles.jpg
door handles1.jpg
door handles2.jpg
door handles3.jpg
door handles4.jpg
steering wheel.jpg
steering wheel1.jpg

What are you using to fix the cracks in the wheel?
Two part Epoxy putty that you knead together. I think any name brand will work. I simply grabbed one of those small tubes of metal putty they have on the counter of Advance Auto.

Looks great, Gary. Thanks ! Refresh my memory on the rear carpet. is it just dirty, or stained? Did the previous seller let it get wet? Just wondered, I may have forgotten from before.

Looks great, Gary. Thanks ! Refresh my memory on the rear carpet. is it just dirty, or stained? Did the previous seller let it get wet? Just wondered, I may have forgotten from before.
I will have to have a closer look, the flash of the camera maybe playing tricks with the light. But the headliner is falling apart and will need replacing, as you can see in the pics.

Okay, put the new voltage regulator in today after putting another engine wiring harness in place. I figured i would give it a kick in the guts just to see if I got something, anything different. And what happened, damned thing started right up!! It purrs! Well okay, obviously I am very happy everything works now, but hell, even hot wiring didn't do anything initially. It amazing sometimes what can stop a car from running.

DSCF4007.jpg

Okay, put the new voltage regulator in today after putting another engine wiring harness in place. I figured i would give it a kick in the guts just to see if I got something, anything different. And what happened, damned thing started right up!! It purrs! Well okay, obviously I am very happy everything works now, but hell, even hot wiring didn't do anything initially. It amazing sometimes what can stop a car from running.

View attachment 205475
Great news, Gary ! I knew you could do it ! Thanks.

Put the new valve covers on, starting to look original again. Inlet manifold comes off next.

DSCF4012.jpg

Okay, inlet manifold replaced and buttoned down, car runs good and everything engine wise is working as it should. Getting there!

DSCF4013.jpg

Okay last update for the day, here is a pic of the dual snorkel air cleaner in place. Turns out the base of this thing is for a AFB carb and is too small to fit the later AVS style carb on the car.
Does anyone have a plain round base to suit this air cleaner? Also we are missing an oil breather cap that fits this valve cover, can anyone help with that as well? Let me know.
Lastly, i also painted the steering wheel and will be fitting it in a few days.

DSCF4015.jpg
DSCF4017.jpg

It`s starting to look like a good preservation project!

Back