Dale's 1969 Chrysler 300 Coupe

I'm glad to see someone else using an Edelbrock carb...

DSCF4013.jpg

This car has been fighting me at every turn, but am I giving up? Noooo. I will prevail! Lol. Anyway, I went to fit the steering wheel and found the thread on the column shaft partially stripped because of the use of an incorrect nut, luckily there was still enough thread further down I could use since they had used a large washer with the tuff wheel. Tuff wheel gone, tapped the new steering wheel on then threaded a new nut on and Voila! Good as new! Doesn't look too shabby at all.

DSCF4031.jpg

This car has been fighting me at every turn, but am I giving up? Noooo. I will prevail! Lol. Anyway, I went to fit the steering wheel and found the thread on the column shaft partially stripped because of the use of an incorrect nut, luckily there was still enough thread further down I could use since they had used a large washer with the tuff wheel. Tuff wheel gone, tapped the new steering wheel on then threaded a new nut on and Voila! Good as new! Doesn't look too shabby at all.

View attachment 207272
Excellent, Gary ! You worked your magic again !! Looks great. Thanks

But the front tires are pointing straight ahead... :poke:

View attachment 207357
Yes, yes they are and the column shaft is keyed so the steering wheel only goes on one way, yup I know, more work, more work. This car is almost a nightmare but I am seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. Another week and I will be taking it for a test drive! Don't hold me to that, :poke:

Doc, guess who else will have an Eddy...
But mine comes with an aluminum intake and Mopar Performance valve covers.
Now I stop O.T. and let the starter keep on posting of the Chrysler.

So I was working away, welded up a spacer for Dales new air cleaner base, and sure enough, it still wont work! So I bit the bullet and removed the air cleaner from my own convertible and compared the two, oh yeah there it is, totally different anyway. So I'm going to put my base on for now and be done with it. Of course, even that doesn't go easy, when I put the dual snorkel top on, another issue!! Can you guess? :BangHead:

DSCF4074.jpg
DSCF4075.jpg
DSCF4076.jpg

Back