Dash Cams 2

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I believe we had a dashcam thread before on FCBO. Dashcams like phones change technology faster than anyone can keep up with. So the technology of the dashcams thrust those cams in the junk pile like phones, computers, TV's, stereo's and pretty much any electronics these days.

I've been thinking about a dashcam for the Scat Pack. It might be cool if I can figure out posting the future 1/4 mile runs with the hot rod on FCBO.

Anyone running a dashcam? What is the model and name and what are your thoughts about its performance and installation???

I have the VantrueN2 in my daily driver. Nice sharp video. Very small and portable to take on vacations.
I have turned off the rear facing camera and sound. The rear camera is more directed on the cabin than out the rear window while the sound was annoying during playback as I always have the tunes cranked up.

I was looking for a good digital picture with minimal distortion or that "fish-eye" look.
The picture I get is great for use in photoshop, slideshows and music video work.
Driving through the Rockies just had to be set to a John Denver soundtrack. The cruise down the PCH was Beach Boys and Dick Dale.

I'm looking at a Blackvue DR900S.

The reviews are excellent on it.

You guys notice any quirks or system problems with Blackvue?

I have mine setup with the power on and power off voice turned off. But sometimes it says powering off when i turn my car off after lowering my windows

Other than that it's a solid dash cam

I just bought one of these: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H1M31ZM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The cost was $30 after this promotion: Amazon Giveaways

You watch the video (at least 15 seconds of it) and then click to see if you won it. You probably won't but they take 40% off the price. Reviews are good, as is a customer video shown in the review section.

For $30, I decided to take a chance. It came today and it's charging as I type this. I'll get it in one of the cars in the next day or two.
51cPu5DFh4L._SL1001_.jpg

A couple videos from a recent trip. Taken from my Garmin GPS/Dash Cam

Not a lot of times that you get to park in company like this.

On the way home, running into a driving rain storm.

A couple videos from a recent trip. Taken from my Garmin GPS/Dash Cam

Not a lot of times that you get to park in company like this.

On the way home, running into a driving rain storm.

Nice cars!

Back