daunting task

oldtinkerer

Reaction score
a few more pictures 66 300 conv resto

c300 002.jpg

c300 001.jpg

c300 035.jpg

c300 043.jpg

Love the '66 300s, what's your plans, a faithful resto?

Love the '66 300s, what's your plans, a faithful resto?

i just goofed deleted last post. as far as time and money will allow. I was 20 yrs old when this thing was new fairfax chrysler plymouth had one on the show room floor that i would go in about 3 times a week and drool on. i said some day i would get one 47 years later i did

Good for you, I'll be watching your progress. Someday I hope to have a '66 300 coupe or convertible.

OK. I give up. I finally have to ask.
Why is the cab over lowered? Did Ross get a hold of it?

2vuilcm.jpg
1zxuyc7.jpg

Last edited:
They made them like that for garbage trucks or anything else for low access my guess is a parking lot so car can go ontop and sleeper for being on road.

I thought about household goods I.e. allied, united etc. but the wall mart they are probably pushing for the 57' vans down here in the states greedy bastards. Their are also groups that want 90,000-100000 gross weights bad idea. I know it works in Michigan with 159,000 but throw in the hills and curves in a place like pa. again bad idea.

but the wall mart they are probably pushing for the 57' vans down here in the states greedy bastards.
Went I started out the norm was 38-40 footers. Then 42, 45, 48, then finally 53 footers. When we got the 53's I thought HowTF am i going to get into the receiving areas behind our stores. The trailers got bigger. the receiving areas didn't.
As it is now, you can pull up on YouTube all kinds of videos of the 53's overhang wiping out everything it swings over.

I pull a 45 flat and that's big enough I can get 20 pallets on it if you as a shipper can't get 48000 lbs. On that you product is not dense enough. The damn shame is about 20% of the 53 you pass on the road are full front to back most have the load split or singled to stretch it out so it can scale. Nobody needs anything bigger than a 48 for sure, 53 and now this 57 is just greed of these big co.

Back