Dealer installed dual quads for a 383

Newport 66

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture or dealer installation info for the dealer installed 58-59 383 dual quad? I would like to replicate the correct linkage. Unless someone has one laying around that they eould like to part with! Than
20170802_073146.jpg
ks!!

Is that a 383 RB? If so the maybe the linkage from the later dual quad Wedge motors would work too?

Starting in 1958, the first year for the B/RB engine, the Plymouth Sport Fury had a 350cid version that had 2 Carter AFBs and the later-2bbl camshaft (252/252, .390 list). The smallest B engine. The 300E used a 413 RB engine with 2 Carter AFBs, too. I suspect that whether B or RB, the main linkage between the carbs would be very similar, if not the same. There was a Chrysler that was campaigned by Hot Rod Magazine's Ray Brock as a drag strip only car in 1962, I believe. It was chronicled in Hot Rod Magazine, at the time. Although the Long Ram 413 intake manifolds were used on the letter cars, this was an inline 2x4bbl intake manifold. No doubt, there are plenty of pictures of that engine in the various articles.

There are also some Chrysler 300 Letter Car websites that have downloadable parts book links on their websites, which would have the illustrations you are seeking. I suspect the 392 300-D carb linkage is similar to the 300-E 413's carb linkage. Maybe even the later 426 HEMI's linkage, which might be easier to find.

Also, can't forget the Dodge D-500 wedge engines, either.

CBODY67

Does anyone have a picture or dealer installation info for the dealer installed 58-59 383 dual quad? I would like to replicate the correct linkage. Unless someone has one laying around that they eould like to part with! ThanView attachment 137011 ks!!
Oh that's a pair of AVS carbs on yours isn't it? The originals would have been AFB's. The linkage won't be the same, here, have a look at this.

Dual Quad Carbs3.jpg
Dual Quad Carbs4.jpg
Dual Quad Carbs6.jpg
Dual Quad Lenght.jpg

Back