Deletion of posts, what's the point of doing this??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a post deleted on my own FS ad when I answered a question from a buyer?

I like the FBBO politics forum.
You have to sign up to view pages. You have the choice NOT to view.
Where cars and politics mix is when anti old car laws are passed,( I live in California)
It’s when your favorite old car wrecking yard is closed down for environmental and land grabbing. It’s about gas and oil prices. It’s about supply chain prices/availability for parts.
It’s about the elimination of our classic cars period.
Etc,Etc!
If we ignore these issues and bury are heads in the sand it will be too late. IMO 99.5% of the collector car enthusiast I know are conservative minded and yet the.5 seem to call the shots

^^This

If, for instance, a seller posts something at double "fair market price", how am I supposed to know that if not for "non-relevant" commentary?
I think you are missing something.

It's considered, by most reasonable people, to be rude to make a comment about price or condition with a member selling his car or parts. Some will even use that tactic to drive the price down. This is the behavior that the mods/admin are trying to stop and along with the "good luck with the sale" that are kind of harmless in our perspective, but as @Joeychgo has said, kind of makes things more complicated and causes them more work.

On the other hand, and this is the section you will learn from, is the "Not Mine" for sale section. There is no problem with making comments about cars or parts that don't belong to a member. This is NOT being changed by the admin and really isn't part of the discussion.

I know you are new to the site (relatively) and maybe this can help you understand.

It's considered, by most reasonable people, to be rude to make a comment about price or condition with a member selling his car or parts. Some will even use that tactic to drive the price down. This is the behavior that the mods/admin are trying to stop
Thank you for clarifying, no further questions

Last edited:
Things are ******* up again Joey! The login feature keeps me logged in even when I unclick the stay logged in button to NOT stay logged in! WHY?

As a buyer or seller there should be some sort comment on FS thread as intent to purchase? I believe in order of contact wether PM or post on thread. Once on FEBO a guy posted on my FS thread pm sent while a another sent me a PM half hour earlier. Turned into a big hassle

Last edited:
Money in hand trumps all.
Nope, if I list something for sale and come back the next day with a bunch of interested parties sending me messages it’s in order of messages receive, not who can get me the money first.

most comments about price come from guys that are not going to buy.
I'll quibble with "most" but otherwise grant your point.

My main contention is that members here are for the most part reasonable and helpful wrt sharing their knowledge and experience. When they see something amiss, raising a flag provides a useful service for everyone involved. In addition, there is nothing wrong with holding sellers to account when they are out to lunch. Keep in mind it works both ways. Good deals can also be highlighted.

I was just reading comments and just wanted to add a little something .
I had a post recently deleted and I honestly didn't realize I did anything wrong , it was not my intent .
In my defense , the site has changed and I'm still navigating my way around .
My apologies to the staff .
I think this is a great site and I appreciate everyone's help and willingness to share their vast knowledge .
Have a great day everyone ,
Hap .

Nope, if I list something for sale and come back the next day with a bunch of interested parties sending me messages it’s in order of messages receive, not who can get me the money first.
Good to know and I agree, but that's not what I have experienced on other forums.
:mob:

To date, I've only been a buyer.
:)

I was taught at a young age, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all, as a newbee on this forum I've contemplated should I stay or should I go ?
There are a lot of good people on this site willing to help but I have also learned that help is measured on how much of a dedicated car guy you are...dedicated to brining the car back to stock as much as possible or a guy/ gal just having a fun build in order to save a car. Use your PMs amongst each other if you dislike a post! All I want is to have a nice ride to the Dairy Queen at one extreme or a car being posted on a magazine at the other, are two different car guys/gals/ animals!
Joey keep up the good work, rules are in place for a reason and need to be adhered to, it's tough being the peace keeper. Stick to your guns, the rhetoric will peter out.
Block ,report, PMs last time I checked are all still available, everyone can find a way in saying something non-derogatory one way or another!

as a newbee on this forum
...you can't fully understand what we mean.

This site had a much different feel than it does now. Some would say it was better a few years ago. I'm sure it looks like a bunch of whiney bitches to you. I can pinpoint a certain day that it changed, but I know it will never be what it was, so why bother. It still has tons of valuable information from a bunch of current and former members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back