Derale adjustable fan controller glitch

Knebel

Reaction score
Hello! To all the electric geeks out there, i have an adjustable electric fan controller by derale. The wiring is simple, get battery + into the fan, then out the fan into the controller, then it gets 12v from ign on which engages a relay which then closes ground which goes back to the battery and the fan turns on.

Well, the fan dosent turn on, out of nowhere. I hotwire the fan to the battery and it spins. The relay is good, engages with 12v and closes contact and has no resistance. Well, i measure 12v all the way going into the controller but even tho the relay engages, it wont switch to ground and the fan stays off. The pot on it works to adjust the engagement point of the relay, aka temp. It just wont let the current back to the battery and i have no idea why!? There is not much in the box, other than a pcb with some circuits and i found a bad solder point, so i resoldered all and it still the same.

Derale 16749, Derale Electric Fan Accessories | Derale

Mh. I managed to source a new relay and stuck it in, works instantly. Im stumped, the old relay measures fine. Wth is that?

Back