Desoto wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

detmatt

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
A little dirty but there can't be too many of these left!
http://chattanooga.craigslist.org/cto/4241103242.html

image.jpg

Unless they put a 331 Chrysler Hemi in that thing...then it should be a Desoto 324 Hemi. Neat car regardless.....I could see myself doing something with it. ;)

Original paint will clean up. Oh?

Nice wagon. Someone I know has the sedan and it is a very smooth running engine. He has a lot of rust in the trunk and inside the B pillar. Parts are hard to find on this car so $5500 seems high. Needs everything under the sun so maybe $2000 depending on what he means by most replacement panels.

COOL ....! I had a 56 DeSoto wagon with dealer installed A/C. Great car.

A 56 New Yorker wagon sold here in Birmingham AL. recently. I looked it over pretty good. Solid and ran but needed everything. I think it brought $5700.00

56 desoto (Large).jpg

Does the sticker on the 56 say 1500 ? Must have been a while back then.

Does the sticker on the 56 say 1500 ? Must have been a while back then.

Yeah..... I bought it at Chryslers at Carlisle .... about ten years ago. I walked past it all weekend .... Went back Sunday am and offered $700.00 .... That got it.

Lucky to buy just wheels at Carlisle for $700 now a days.

Yeah..... I bought it at Chryslers at Carlisle .... about ten years ago. I walked past it all weekend .... Went back Sunday am and offered $700.00 .... That got it.

Judging from the pic the price just ten years ago was still a real bargain, my guess would have been 25 years or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back