Detroit/St Clair Shores, do you know this Pontiac 2+2?

Trophy421ho

Reaction score
Hello, the folks on this site seem to be very friendly to all cars, but much more so to Pontiacs. I am hoping you can help me find a previous owner to a recently (June-2020) purchased '66 2+2 4-speed. I am looking to find any previous owner history.
The most recent owner/seller was nothing more than a middle man who will not release any contact info from the person he purchased it from. It was merely a "flip" for him and I feel either the previous owner is unhappy about that, or has been told I'm not a happy customer and disappointed with the car. I'm not, just the middle mans integrity. I have searched the internet, found a person I believe to be the previous owner and reached out via F.B. with no response.
The car most recently came from Detroit, but has ties to St. Clair Shores and Athens Mi.
The names I have on paper are:
Dean Robert Copenhafer (most recent owner)
Ray Emmett Wolf (1971 Title work)
I'm sorry for the lousy pics, it came home and there's been no time to love on it yet. I am thrilled with the car and want the previous owners/family to know that. I also would love it's history and back story as it's rather unusually optioned.
Thank you for any help, I have high hopes!
Geoff

20211010_114826.jpg

20211010_114845.jpg

Sorry I do not but nice car, Ponch!:thumbsup:

NICE!!
I have a 2+2 421 car. Auto though.
What options are the "unusual" options?
Sorry, I don't know the previous owners.
I would suggest however going over to
PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together I'm FatCat2+2 over there.
Performance years and making a post there. A couple of guys there track cars like the guys on here. The 66 2+2's only had a production run of 6383 so they are very difficult to find and purchase. Therefor a few guys track them due to their rareness.

Best pontiac site there is in my opinion.
They are somehow connected with Ames.
The site is not near as active as the mopar boards. All the for only's and of course ebodies.org. But I find stuff there. I just received a set of front turn signal lenses for my 1969 Grand Prix. I've been looking for some 7-8 years for a set. One is perfect the other is crazed. Butler performance contacted me through the site and had them for me at a very very reasonable price. Priced like a regular part, not a near impossible to find part.

Hello, Thank you all!
I'll try to answer as many as possible..

Cuda Hunter, I will try that site, have not heard of it. 69 G.P. side markers are tough! My car came with good ones thank fully. I was hoping to hear from you, I have a black 4 speed as well and am looking for a pass door molding and the following one on the quarter....
It's options, or lack of are:
Reclining pass seat w/headrests, Door edge guards, Custom seat belts, Clock, 8 lugs, Soft Ray glass (all), Ride and handling pkg, White walls, Safe-T-Track (Posi), Tri-Power
It's not ordered with but one might expect,
P/S, P/B, Console, radio

BigBlueC: I have PHS for it and all my Ponchos...Best thing ever! Thanks for the address, I believe that's the fathers home of the individual that previously had it. (Google shows an old man on the porch) I believe it was inherited (from him in St Clair) and sold for a new Camaro. It was sold in Detroit to the middle man as it was driven to his home, but was limping due to a broken brake shoe pin and overflowing carbs from poor float adjustment. It was a driving mess when It arrived. Thanks again, Geoff

Wait wait, am I reading this correctly?
You have a Black 4 Speed 69 Grand Prix?

Now a black 4 speed 2+2 is a super nice and rare beast, but a 69 grand prix 4 speed is super super rare. And to be black, Wow!

That is the car I've been searching for over the years. Very difficult to find. was just considering a green 4 speed.

Hello Cuda Hunter, I am sorry, I worded that poorly. The black car is also a 66 2+2. But am still looking for the pass door and 1/4 molding....
I have 69 SJ that I converted to a 4 speed before I ever drove it! It was saved from certain death.

Wow! That's cool. So you were able to piece together all the 4 speed parts for the 69. That alone is a very hard feat. I've been looking for those parts for years to no avail.

However, a black 2+2! Now that is freakin cool! And a 4 speed at that! I would definitely put the tri-power on it.

My 2+2 is blue. Any chance we could see pics of your black 2+2? Best color for that model car as well!

Cuda Hunter, the 69 G.P. was quite easy. It's all GTO parts minus the Z-bar bracket and console bezel. I fab'ed a Z bar bracket with the front clip off, and creatively made a console bezel from an auto with the help of a GTO console "ring"
I have seen since that the frame bracket and the shifter ring are reproduced. My ash tray door doesn't slide open, but the cars a fake and a blast to drive..
The 2+2 is a rusty beast and will need a full floor, but I have a solid one for that ordeal. It's a parchment interior car, but was destroyed from sun and missing windows. I sourced a respectable red interior from a 66 Cat in a salvage yard just to make it presentable but had to leave the original buckets. IF I change anything on the car it will be a blue charcoal interior, best color ever! I have no plans of putting Trips on it, all Pontiacs anymore have trips, consoles and wood wheels. I like 'em window sticker.
It came from Martins Auto Salvage on highway 34. It had been thrown away in a Wyoming storage lot eviction and the wrecker driver knew Martins would pay more than scrap...a Ford buddy kept telling me about a GTO they had I needed to look at. It was labeled as a 442 in wax crayon!
I saw your Barrier Blue car when you welcomed me here, that's my fantasy color...

And the Chrysler is why I'm on this site. It's a black/red 413 4-speed Sport. I knew the original owner and have the window sticker, too. It was sold new on Halloween 1963, and was already at it's second dealer! I'd love to know how and why that was.

20211125_102859_resized.jpg

20211125_103024_resized.jpg

20211125_103035_resized.jpg

20211125_103134_resized.jpg

20211125_103148_resized.jpg

20211125_103520_resized.jpg

20211125_103554_resized.jpg

dying phone 236.jpg

Back