Did they ever make a Formal 4-door hardtop without vinyl roof?

I'm standing with Annie who ordered the car in 1975 and whom I bought it from.
ZuF0Gnuh.jpg

Beautiful car Stan.

Random Associating here...
Any miles getting put on the 300?

6000 on the 300

12,000 on the Ram. A lot of trips to Johns Hopkins in Baltimore (90 miles round trip) and one trip to Wisconsin. My niece drove that trip.

I had that problem with a 70 Olds 88 that had a white vinyl top that was deep brown when I bought it. I took some soap and water and a soft bristle brush (so I could get down within the pebbled surface and scrubbed the whole thing down. When I was done doing that I put a vinyl wax/conditioner on it. The top came out snow white and shone like new! In fact, a few days later I drove by the guy's place from where I had purchased it. He was out in his front yard washing his new car and looked up to see me driving by in his old Olds. I literally saw his mouth drop and watched in the rearview mirror as he continued watching the car go down the road.

A lot of trips to Johns Hopkins in Baltimore (90 miles round trip)
Close friend just moved out of Sebring to be be closer to the VA in Tampa.
Got tired of the driving.
The only mileage on my Lincoln since I bought it 2 years ago has been for Drs. appointments for me and Pamela.
4k miles...

Close friend just moved out of Sebring to be be closer to the VA in Tampa.
Got tired of the driving.
The only mileage on my Lincoln since I bought it 2 years ago has been for Drs. appointments for me and Pamela.
4k miles...

I won't be moving to Baltimore. Lol

Maybe Montana!

I had that problem with a 70 Olds 88 that had a white vinyl top that was deep brown when I bought it. I took some soap and water and a soft bristle brush (so I could get down within the pebbled surface and scrubbed the whole thing down. When I was done doing that I put a vinyl wax/conditioner on it. The top came out snow white and shone like new! In fact, a few days later I drove by the guy's place from where I had purchased it. He was out in his front yard washing his new car and looked up to see me driving by in his old Olds. I literally saw his mouth drop and watched in the rearview mirror as he continued watching the car go down the road.

The original owner had the vinyl replaced with some hack shop black. I guess he didn't like the blue vinyl. Mopar never put black vinyl on any blue Formal.

There was no saving that black vinyl...

Oh, too bad! Yeah, I can't imagine black looking very good with that blue. The former owner must have been color blind.

Oh, too bad! Yeah, I can't imagine black looking very good with that blue. The former owner must have been color blind.

It was the wrong grain and NYB had 2 seams about 6" from the drip rails. This one had one seam down the middle so it was wrong all the way around. I doubt the original owner even knew....

I've seen two coupes without Vinyl.... They look pretty good, kind of sporty look to them. IMO.

Back