Disc Conversion Parts

Ok guys I got a Booster- found at that Columbus swap meet last weekend.

Next question- my car is manual drum currently. Talk to me about the vacuum side of things. where does the vacuum hose connect, etc

Top of the intake manifold, if you have AC or a vacuum gauge you may already have fitting there but will need to be changed.

2015-06-18_001.jpg

Alan

Ok guys I got a Booster- found at that Columbus swap meet last weekend.

Next question- my car is manual drum currently. Talk to me about the vacuum side of things. where does the vacuum hose connect, etc

One other thing you MAY have to address: You might need a power-brake brake pedal. I think the pivot points are different between manual and power brake pedals; therefore you won't get the correct leverage when pressing your manual-brake brake pedal. Some of the others here may be able to address this issue better than me. . .

One other thing you MAY have to address: You might need a power-brake brake pedal. I think the pivot points are different between manual and power brake pedals; therefore you won't get the correct leverage when pressing your manual-brake brake pedal. Some of the others here may be able to address this issue better than me. . .

I got the power brake petal from another 66 ready to go- along with the firewall bracket.

The small vacuum hose pictured goes to your HVAC controls to run the vacuum dashpots on your heaterbox. On your intake manifold you need to swap out the fitting with the single small opening for one with a huge opening and the small one off to one side. OR if you have an aftermarket carb, many have a pipe plug in the base which can be removed to install a vacuum fitting suitable for power brakes.

BTW, I would also be interested in finding a dual diaphragm booster if anyone has one. I'm currently running a 1973-style large diameter single diaphragm booster with my discs. I have a console shift so no problem with linkage, but I can't install any aftermarket valvecovers because they hit the booster.

You might be able to find one at Carlisle or Mopar nats... Mine sat on a shelf for a few years in NY. Found it on this forum.

Any idea about what size vacuum line? Any brand I should look for?

Factory vac hose is 11/32". Be sure that you use vacuum rated hose, fuel line and transmission cooler line hose will not work for long. Mancini Racing has the correct hose in pre-cut lengths. At around $15 it is a bit pricey. Probably can find a compatible hose cheaper at a truck repair shop.

Dave

Back