Do I fix or Part?

Wojtek

Reaction score
IMAG4804.jpg
IMAG4777.jpg

The red conertible is a hard one. L code 440 (gone) the also guy put a 4 speed so he cut the floor hole bigger. He cut the rear fender around the wheel no idea why bigger tires? Cut a hole in the fire wall for some reason and the trunk looks gone. But it's a tnt convertible power seat locks trunk and Windows with cruise tilt tele disc brakes and the auto dimming high beams and park lights red on black with a white top.

I have said this many times, "Anything can be done with time and money", it just depends on how much of each you have. Good Luck in your choice.

The options are pretty stout on the convertible - and I bet she was a true beauty. As amazing as it would be to see it brought back - with the holes, cuts, and hacked up body - there would be so much fab work needed to be done it might not be worth it. Finically or emotionally. If it was a mustang or camaro - they sell entire kit cars you can assemble at home, and isn’t that hard to restore but these C Bodies don’t get that much love from the repop industry.

If the body is straight and clean enough - I’d put it in a garage and wait till I won the lottery or a surplus of cash or something. and restore it “one day”.

View attachment 159836 View attachment 159837

The red conertible is a hard one. L code 440 (gone) the also guy put a 4 speed so he cut the floor hole bigger. He cut the rear fender around the wheel no idea why bigger tires? Cut a hole in the fire wall for some reason and the trunk looks gone. But it's a tnt convertible power seat locks trunk and Windows with cruise tilt tele disc brakes and the auto dimming high beams and park lights red on black with a white top.
Is the green one in the bottom pic the parts car for the convert?

As far as production numbers go, the convertible is the "rarer" one of the two, and the most valuable one of the pair. Perhaps the Fastop could be restored and sold to generate funds for the convertible? Of just put the convertible in the back of the shop, clean it up when possisble, as a possible "long term" re-build situation. Do the hardtop and enjoy it. At least, the convertible will not decrease in value! Maybe even make a few $$$ on it for the right buyer?

Interesting that they have the different rear panel colors.

CBODY67

It's interesting how the high option cars tend to be abused where the strippers are often found in pristine condition. My only guess is that many people who could afford loaded-up cars only kept them for a couple years and they quickly hit the used car market, where a person who could just barely afford a certain car that they wanted by ordering it with hardly any options, kept it and cherished it for a long time.

Hello Wojteck: Firstly,it’s good to see a fellow fcbo in the same area with a interest In C body convertibles! I tend to agree with the other members that with a lot of $ and time you can restore the convertible. Around here parts are hard to come by for any Mopar C body. I found this out from personal experience with my 69 sport fury convertible. That being said I would like to meet you some day and check out your cars . I have a lot of parts but there mainly 69 convertible stuff and wouldn’t work for your body style. But you never know what I may find that you could use. I’ve had my 69 for 33 years now and I have a lot of information on how too and where from stuffed in my head and I would be glad to help you out ! Good luck with your decision .

Is the green one in the bottom pic the parts car for the convert?

The hardtop is a blue on black black top with a white stripe. I really like it cause it has a deluxe cloth and vinyll interior with a fancy trim almost like a newyorker would have might have reclining passenger seat. A/C car still has it's 440 in it. Disc brakes cornering lights power trunk seats locks windows and quarter sail windows also are power tilt tele wheel. But sadly someone put a carpet on top of that old one ate the floor trunk and frame seem fine front left fender got smashed.

Hello Wojteck: Firstly,it’s good to see a fellow fcbo in the same area with a interest In C body convertibles! I tend to agree with the other members that with a lot of $ and time you can restore the convertible. Around here parts are hard to come by for any Mopar C body. I found this out from personal experience with my 69 sport fury convertible. That being said I would like to meet you some day and check out your cars . I have a lot of parts but there mainly 69 convertible stuff and wouldn’t work for your body style. But you never know what I may find that you could use. I’ve had my 69 for 33 years now and I have a lot of information on how too and where from stuffed in my head and I would be glad to help you out ! Good luck with your decision .

Unfortunately I don't know of any parts but if I come by some I will let you know always on the lookout for chryslers

Back