Do-it-yourself Argent Silver?

Henrius

Reaction score
I got a sheet metal piece that lays horizontally over the front bumper of my 1965 Plymouth Fury that is scratched. It is dull silver.. Someone told me it is a color called Argent Silver.

The paint shop charges a good bit to mix paint and spray pieces like this. It is not that critical in appearance.

People have told me that Argent Silver can be found in Duplicolor spray cans, but the only ones I have seen are a shiny silver advertised for wheel rims.

Anyone know of a pre-mixed spray can that would match this color?

Light Argent. I purchased a few cans from Totally Auto.

Totally Auto Inc. Paints

I restored my grille and tail panel with it and it was a spot-on match. Correct flake and hue.

Also, they have all the correct Mopar colors in stock. The satin black is spot on as well.

before...
DSC08165.JPG

after...

DSC08324.JPG

tail panel before...

DSC07954.JPG

after...

DSC08108.JPG

I know exactly which panel you are talking about. I used Krylon Dull Aluminum #1403 on mine. It is real close to Argent silver and is available in most hardware stores for around 5 bucks for a 12oz spray can.

We use the mopar brand on amazon as well. $22 a can is pricey. But when it's got to be correct, it's got to be genuine mopar.

VHT makes 2 colors in their wheel paint, one is Chevy rally silver, the other is Ford argent silver. Chevy paints their rally wheels argent.

I. Picked up Argent in a spray can from Herbs while at Carlisle.
I haven't used it yet

Thanks for all the helpful replies, guys!

Seems like I have a choice- the TotallyAuto, or the Mopar on Amazon.

Good to know about a place like Totally Auto. I will probably send some sub-assemblies to them to restore!

Thanks for all the helpful replies, guys!

Seems like I have a choice- the TotallyAuto, or the Mopar on Amazon.

Good to know about a place like Totally Auto. I will probably send some sub-assemblies to them to restore!

A friend of mine on FBBO highly recommends Totally Auto for restoration. He is currently restoring his dad's old GTX and the pieces he sent them are perfect. Be forewarned though, it's pricey, but worth it.

Back