Dodge polara 60 convertible

Maffe

Reaction score
Just missing the lower quarterpanel moulding/list left and right... Those on my car is from a Volvo amazon... Not fun, need orIginal! Do someone have those?
FB_IMG_1483644247538.jpg

Incredible car - I love those 1960 Polaras.

Those moldings are probably unique to that model, as they do not look like the ones on my 1962 Chrysler. But I will keep an eye out for a couple of those

I have two visitors from Sweden coming to visit me in a couple weeks. One of the guys has this 1958 Chrysler convertible (a bit modified, but well done - not sure if he also owns the 1961 Desoto behind it) and his friend coming with him (Arne) is thought to be one of the best restorers of Forward Look Cars in Sweden I have heard. Given the magnificent Forward Look cars I have seen over there from photos, I am looking forward to meeting with them and sharing our interests.

windsor 58 + desoto 61 (1).JPG

They know Aivar i guess , in Monrovia .
And the owner of Copperstate Classic Cars , in Phoenix ( He is also from Sweden ).

My visitors seem to be very well connected since they are going to spend the first two days of their visit in the States with Per Blixt, who is Jay Leno's chief paint and body guy, also from your part of the world. Per gave me a tour of Jay's collection as a surprise when I went to pick up some parts from him at his "work" (and I had no idea at all where he worked until I got there that day!) and I even was able to have lunch with Per and the rest of Jay's restoration workshop staff. Jay was also there and even taking part in making the lunch in a corner of his huge restoration workshop where he has a great kitchen, and Jay even served lunch to us too. What a day that was for me!

Jay is everything people say he is - just the best!

This is a photo of Per's 1958 Chrysler 300D at a recent Fall Fling car show out here:

IMG_2701.jpg

Last edited:
Just missing the lower quarterpanel moulding/list left and right... Those on my car is from a Volvo amazon... Not fun, need orIginal! Do someone have those? View attachment 110974

Here you go. Saw this listing today. Check it out:

1960 1961 dodge polara pioneer dart

Here is the email address:
Let me know if you need any help in contacting the seller or in buying anything he has that you would want. It looks like one of the photos has the trim piece you are searching for, but not sure. Is the trim piece you need the same for both the 1961 Dart and the 1960 Polara, or is it unique to the Polara?

Steve

00d0d_1UyRi2gNFOl_600x450.jpg
00g0g_lciQzKkXbFx_600x450.jpg
01717_27sFOOM8pQc_600x450.jpg
00i0i_3jB1ZBlTFRh_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
Incredible car - I love those 1960 Polaras.

Those moldings are probably unique to that model, as they do not look like the ones on my 1962 Chrysler. But I will keep an eye out for a couple of those

I have two visitors from Sweden coming to visit me in a couple weeks. One of the guys has this 1958 Chrysler convertible (a bit modified, but well done - not sure if he also owns the 1961 Desoto behind it) and his friend coming with him (Arne) is thought to be one of the best restorers of Forward Look Cars in Sweden I have heard. Given the magnificent Forward Look cars I have seen over there from photos, I am looking forward to meeting with them and sharing our interests.

View attachment 110985

just ran across this thread.
The 61 Desoto is an original paint car and belongs to Arne I saw it last year at the Power Meet in Sweden.

I am sure you will have a good time

Carsten

just ran across this thread.
The 61 Desoto is an original paint car and belongs to Arne I saw it last year at the Power Meet in Sweden.

I am sure you will have a good time

Carsten

Actually, they visited me on Saturday and it was a great time - it was clear they enjoyed themselves. Both Johnny and Arne said it was great visiting with a car guy that is crazy like they are. Been Mopar fans since they were small kids, just like me! And they thought it was great to have so many cars and saw nothing wrong with it at all. :D

Arne has 3 (yes 3!) perfect 1958 Desoto Adventurer convertibles. One of the most desirable of the Forward Look convertibles and extremely rare, each one. And he has 3 - bravo! I feel so much better now.

This is not one of his as far as I know, but it is very representative of what it looks like if it isn't:

1958_adventurer_010.jpg

1958_adventurer_30.jpg

Last edited:
Arne has three 58 Adventurer Convertibles. One of each colour(white-gold-black). I have seen two of them. He restored them all himself.

Here are some pics of the golden one seen in 2015

682.JPG
675.JPG
684.JPG
674.JPG

here are pics from the black 58 Adventurer vert (only 82 have been built in total) seen in 2013

2828.JPG
2831.JPG
2833.JPG

Those are gorgeous cars!
I was watching an American Pickers rerun on Sunday where Mike found a pair of those tail lights and bought them for 75 bucks. They were kinda crusty but...

Keep the convertibles, I always prefer the Hardtops over them. :rolleyes:

Back