Don't trust your Mopar to the graveyard.

Worman is a guy full of knowledge about Mopars; but looking at this car and trodding through the world's longest run-on sentence, the guy has valid gripes. And for Worman offering $10K as essentially "hush-money". ya gotta wonder about this. In another thread, someone mentioned that high-dollar Daytona puts out barely 280 hp on the dyno? This has me thinking that if money were no object for my ultimate Mopar resto, this would NOT be the place to go.

I was only able to see the one pic of the Charger, as I do not do that FB nonsense.

I'm wondering if the car was under insured. A claim on a stated value policy, (which most collector cars are protected by), ends at the stated value. If the car was sold for 50K, but insured for 30K ..... You get 30K tops.
30K won't get you far on a car that has suffered two collisions, in a shop that has a $70. - 100.00 per hour rate.
The car likely could only be repaired for 30K by cutting corners. The owner should have know that going in.

I also don't trust the quality of an all inclusive restro shop either. I do most of my own work. But anything I have to farm out goes to an expert. The guy who hangs a 1/4 panel is not the guy who will paint the car. And the guy who paints the car is not the guy who will do the upholsery.
Even if your just signing checks ..... You need to be smart, and informed about it.

Very true! Any place that's a so-called One Stop Shop can't really do it all in the highest degree, just can't happen! Pick your lanes, and be a pro in that lane. With me, I learned this many years ago, and, as such, I am THE Media Blaster, and Floor, Qtrs, and other metal work needed, then epoxy prime, then, the car goes out of my shop. There's a high end upholstery shop next door that only does Upholstery. Watching Mark and GYC show had me cringing too; his son-in-law 'Blasting' in that donated Cabinet, he wasted so many hours blasting stuff he had no idea what he was doing...the camera was on him, and his result was piss poor work! Why do any of that nasty Blasting business in the same place paint is going down, final paint that is! Send stuff out is the way to go. And, stand behind your sub contractor work be it good or bad, and be the responsible party.

A good business model is to stay with what you know and not be afraid to farm out other work so you can keep making money at what you are good at.

I'm sure there are some resto shops that can do it all, but really that isn't practical for most. I turned down one shop a while ago that really wanted to do a car for me because they were doing mechanical work along with body work... in the same shop. Oil and paint doesn't mix.

Maybe he shouldn't own any cars if he manages to get hit twice in a short period of time.

Often, I've seen customers that can't differentiate between their Dreams and the Reality of time constraints, and, budget constraints. Most of my peers want to do an excellent job for their customers, but, the Dreams always crash into the money, and demands made to the shop(s). I hope all parties get their issues solved!

From what I understand, the insurance company decided on Worman doing the job when he low bid on it, then took him 8 months to do it all even though it was supposed to be done in three, cos he told the customer he wanted to get it right.

So now it looks like a publicity stunt. The episode with this dudes car airs amd the very next day he removes all the content and now states he's going to do the repairs himself. Not only that but he's no longer going to pursue action against Worman nor seek damages or reimbursement. Smells like a scam to me.

I ain't reading ALL that %$#@.
You got something to say, be half intelligent about it.

500 blah-blah-blahs all in a disconnectedd run-on...

I'll come back when the meth wears off....
I'm with you Stan... my head was spinning and eyes were bleeding after the third line LOL!

32907d1399404336-dart-refocused-looks-like-will-replaced-chrysler-100-not_again_616.jpg

I seriously doubt this whole damn mess....

By time I read the first 100 words....it was clear that the writer was the Valedictorian of the "NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND ACT"!

Where is the actual before pictures? What condition was this car in when it arrived at GYC? Why would he be messing with the brakes when it was bodywork only repair? Did the brakes lock up or fail when it rolled around the shop? Even those nitwits at GYC would of caught that messed up rear marker light. I don't know what the average labor rate on the west coast is these days....it's $125 an hour and a lot more for top performers and custom shops on the East Coast.

Actually the car was pretty bad. Essentially they replaced the underside from the rear axle hump back, and both quarters.

I noticed the OK tags on the car and was wondering if I know this guy. The car looks familiar. And I probably do know the owner, but I can not put the name "Rex" to anyone I know that is a Mopar guy...except a gentleman who has been dead for over a decade!

I noticed the OK tags on the car and was wondering if I know this guy. The car looks familiar. And I probably do know the owner, but I can not put the name "Rex" to anyone I know that is a Mopar guy...except a gentleman who has been dead for over a decade!

I seriously doubt if this is a real Mopar guy. I think he's a wannabe.

He spent some serious $$ on a car at auction and got screwed.... Then he screwed up on the insurance settlement... Then he expected the shop to fix the car for that lesser settlement.... Then he accepted a car from a repair shop without looking at it..... Then he made a huge deal on it publicly without giving the shop a chance to make it right.

It's the victim mentality that seems to prevail these days.... He screwed up and blames GYC for his many mistakes.

Back