Dont wanna burn up my car

bXhNLnU.jpg

found this on abodies:
To give you some idea of the Chrysler roundback rating vs outputs -
The tests in the service manual are done at 15 Volts, engine speed 1250 rpm.
37 amp unit should put out 34.5 amps.
46 amp unit should put out 41 amps.
60 amp unit, should supply 51 amps.

a fast idle will fix you. when you are stationary. it will help for sure. thats exactly why the HD vehicles had it.

you can bump up your idle speed a scosch too. you can put a smaller ALT pulley.

find a ALT with the lowest curve you can. You want it to come on asap.

say your ALT kicks on at 1200rpm ALT speed. if its 2:1 that means 600rpm motor speed.

you just got to find the sweet spot.
I think this is the answer. Tag team it- a touch higher idle speed + smaller alt pulley. And I really think the chrome whale tail would add to the aerodynamics. I think if I make it out of steel the extra weight would cause the engine to work harder/rev higher and problem solved!
Don't know if you've been following the side-thread on the chrome whale-tail option...

Some police cars had a fast idle or throttle handle on them. Others that are more familiar with the police car options and equipment will probably chime in.
Man, I've looked and can't find anyone with a fast idle lock. I'm interested though, thanks for the suggestion.

found this on abodies:
To give you some idea of the Chrysler roundback rating vs outputs -
The tests in the service manual are done at 15 Volts, engine speed 1250 rpm.
37 amp unit should put out 34.5 amps.
46 amp unit should put out 41 amps.
60 amp unit, should supply 51 amps.
I will look closely at the specs. Thanks for the info.

Hmmm... An idle solenoid with a toggle switch? Just thinking out loud.

follow big john's advice.
your battery will discharge with everything on more than it would normally but your charging system should be capable of keeping up with it. this is the reason for checking everything. with every bad connection more of the alternator output is used to push electricity through the resistance and less goes to where you need it. the higher output alternator is a crutch to get you by until the connections can be fixed. with every connection fixed you will use less of the 60A maximum output. this is good.

with lights and accessories on your ammeter should be on the C side with lights and accessories off you should be close to center between C and D. maybe slightly towards C. with the bypass, your ammeter will still work but won't be as sensitive to changes. it would take a larger charge or discharge to make the needle move.

Back