Door seals?

Fireguyfire

Reaction score
Does anyone repop 1970 C body door seals?
I’d like to replace the ones on my 70 300 convertible, as well as find some of the small rubber door bump stops.

I don’t know of anyone reproducing these currently. Most companies say that there isn’t sufficient demand to warrant the tooling investment for C bodies. I think they are underestimating the true demand that’s out there. I would definitely buy a few sets if we could get a vendor to step up.
I have been fortunate enough to find NOS, but there were extremely expensive to acquire. The parts are out there but they are very scarce. When you do find them - be prepared to pay the price.
On the door bumpers - these are readily available through many vendors. eBay for sure, Mega parts, maybe Detroit Muscle, Year One, etc.

What would be a number attached to “pay the price” for 2 door weatherstrips? Are hardtop and convertible the same for the door weatherstrips?

What would be a number attached to “pay the price” for 2 door weatherstrips? Are hardtop and convertible the same for the door weatherstrips?
The cheapest I’ve paid for a 1 was $250. My mint complete set was $1600.00 - going on a OE rotisserie restoration car. These were in original packaging and like new. Research your specific part numbers and keep them with you at all times. Convertible with/without vent windows (A/C or non A/C) I’m sure are all different. The lower door should be the same. Network with fellow members, Mopar swap meets, etc. and never give up looking.

I currently have no lower door trim on either door because the previous owner did not reinstall it after they had the car painted. Because of what I think is poor door alignment I'm left with large gaps
(1/2 "- 1 ") at the back of the front windows. Unfortunately I also think the front edge trim for the rear quarter windows need to be replaced. I'm also having no luck finding those trim pieces as well.

My question is would the lack of support from having no lower door trim defeat the process/purpose of having the doors adjusted? If there is anyone else that has no lower door trim but still has perfect window/door alignment please chime in.

The lower weatherstripping should not affect your geometry. I would start with door gaps/to fender and quarter. Look at the door striker for excessive wear. Typically - door sag (due shear size and weight) will be worn hinges. Find good used or have yours rebuilt. Once you have those issues addressed, install the missing weatherstripping. With all that done, now you can work the glass to meet the top and rear seals. Take your time and bring your patience.

Back