Doors close with a crash instead of a thunk

Very helpful, thanks. Let me do mine and see what you guys think.

Peter
Guy at a car show told me recently that if you have door seals that aren't too bad, you can keep them coated in baby oil and it may bring back the solid sound a little bit.

Hey everyone:

I adjusted the striker and the door post---it was hitting, and much of the noise went away. Thanks for all the great comments!

Peter

Hey everyone:

I adjusted the striker and the door post---it was hitting, and much of the noise went away. Thanks for all the great comments!

Peter
I believe that was my suggestion.... good to “hear” you got that one solved.

One more thing... never close the door by pushing on the window. Always push on the handle.

Pushing on the window loosens the mechanism, rollers and tracks by buying loads on it it wasn’t meant to. And if you must, bush or pull as low on the window as you can to lessen the damage and wear.

This is good stuff made specifically for door and window seals:

https://www.amazon.com/Honda-Genuine-Shin-Etsu-Grease/dp/B006Z9TZ9M

I bought it originally to put on the sliding door seals on my Odyssey (keeps them from freezing) but I've also used it on the T-Top seals on my Toyota MR2 to make them more watertight and I put it on some of the 300's seals and it did soften them up somewhat.

Well i can humbly boast that now I have replaced seals, rollers and adjusted the guides that my 2 doors sound great when closing and no more crash rattling sounds.

I'm very happy with the results of this endeavor:thumbsup:

There are few plastic guides that I have found that break down or off over time. Here are a few common ones pictured. Loose outside mirrors are a problem too.

20190520_174040.jpg

20190520_174044.jpg

20190520_174047.jpg

20190520_174114.jpg

20190520_174121.jpg

Back