Dragstrip Riot Orlando 10/28

Go on yellow, that's all I got for advice.

I'll cut that tree down like a rabid beaver drinking Mountain Dew.:D

Seriously though, it's a ***** to launch consistent.

Just went from 275/50s to 60s today, 26 tall vs 28 tall. I have the back of the springs unclamped and my snubber about 1 1/2" down. It plants pretty good, just hard to get the fine line of turning the tires vs blowing them off.
The 28s seems to be more forgiving, or maybe they are just new.

There isnt any place around to stretch it out, so we shall see if the mechanical pump keeps up.

Video to follow.

Another enjoyable thread, lmfao!

Had a great day. The event had a lot of cool iron, really casual and fun.
The best part of all was Cantflip showed up and we got to hang around a bit.

Here's a couple passes. I can't get the launch right but getting better.

Giving a cool old Pontiac some love

Unclamped springs and a snubber.... old school but still work

My best time out of 4 was 11.71
There was a lot of driver error but I am trying to sort things out.
I hit that tree like a beaver on 'ludes LOL
My issues are...... leaving rpms. 3000 was good, 4000 drove through the clutch.
Had a bad miss over 6k rpms. I checked all electrical connections, thinking it might be the orange box.
The race weight with me in car was 4200 lbs. Need to drop some poundage.
While still far from breaking into the 10s, got some good baselines today.
Was a great day regardless.
timeslip.jpg

Last edited:
Orange box is iffy over 6k, reason for the chrome race box. I would love a 1.76-60' but my car is slow.
Now all you need is practice, practice, practice.

Orange box is iffy over 6k, reason for the chrome race box. I would love a 1.76-60' but my car is slow.
Now all you need is practice, practice, practice.

Never had a high rpm misfire before with this car, was hot lapping it yesterday is the only thing different.
Looking at either the FBO box or the Rev N Nator box/coil setup.

Both are some really good coin, (compared to a chrome box anyway). The rev limiter is the main attraction.
(The Rev N Nator would probably boost the HP by about 40 :rolleyes:)

I decided to knock it off after the 4th run because of a high speed vibration from the drive line.I noticed it on the 3rd run. On the 4th run I may have been imagining it got worse, but didn't feel like breaking anything. It felt like maybe a u joint was giving up the ghost.

The carb is holding it back, but to go to 4500 series means taller, which means new hood with scoop, which means $$$$$$$$$

The 28" tires with the 3.54 rearend aren't helping either. I was shifting into 4th just shy of the stripe. For TnT night I'm bolting the 26s back on.

I know if I can keep it from breaking up and get my sh*t together on the launch, I can get to low 11s.

PA280129.JPG
PA280130.JPG
PA280131.JPG
PA280133.JPG
PA280134.JPG
PA280135.JPG
PA280136.JPG
PA280137.JPG
PA280138.JPG
PA280139.JPG

You may notice in this series that I had been practicing my timing... off course I choked and even screwed up my aim on the last one...:realcrazy:

Back