Driveshaft balancing in Calgary or nearby?

Reaction score
Hello all,
I suspect the drive shaft on my 78 C-Bod might be out of balance a bit, or (worst case) it is bent a bit - there's a driveline vibration at 105-110 km/h (65-70 mph). New engine/transmission mounts, new U-joints... I am playing with the clamps per the shop manual, but have not succeeded yet.
Will appreciate any leads to a reputable shop to check/fix it. Can't fully trust the google reviews these days...
Thanks in advance!

Driveline Specialties just moved the shop. New address is 5011 11 St SE, Calgary, AB
The entrance is via the back side of the building, where the garage doors are.
Going tomorrow, will see how that works out.

Last edited:
A small follow-up.
The drive shaft turned out to be quite twisted and out of balance (even though all the factory weights were in place). Dropped it on Friday, got a call from them today, which is Monday next week, so very quick turn-over. 140 CAD overall, not just massaged, but painted too. I consider this a bargain and great service these days.
The car drives much smoother and quieter now, although I still sense some transient vibrations in 110-120 kmh range. Will stop worrying about these for now - I still have pronounced and highly annoying vibration at idle that I struggle to track down. All 3 mounts and ignition wires are new, EFI and ignition appear to be tuned and timed OK... Dunno. Ideas?..

A small follow-up.
The drive shaft turned out to be quite twisted and out of balance (even though all the factory weights were in place). Dropped it on Friday, got a call from them today, which is Monday next week, so very quick turn-over. 140 CAD overall, not just massaged, but painted too. I consider this a bargain and great service these days.
The car drives much smoother and quieter now, although I still sense some transient vibrations in 110-120 kmh range. Will stop worrying about these for now - I still have pronounced and highly annoying vibration at idle that I struggle to track down. All 3 mounts and ignition wires are new, EFI and ignition appear to be tuned and timed OK... Dunno. Ideas?..
Typically an ignition issue if there is no mechanical issues inside the engine. Take one plug wire off the distributor at a time while it's running. If it gets a lot worse, put it back, that one is fine. Do all 8 until you fine the one that doesn't change the engine operation much. Would be a good idea to verify the spark plug order is correct too. I've had a couple swapped and it ran poorly with a lot of vibration.

Typically an ignition issue if there is no mechanical issues inside the engine. Take one plug wire off the distributor at a time while it's running. If it gets a lot worse, put it back, that one is fine. Do all 8 until you fine the one that doesn't change the engine operation much. Would be a good idea to verify the spark plug order is correct too. I've had a couple swapped and it ran poorly with a lot of vibration.
For a carb engine - sure. But in my case it is complicated by the presence of the Holley EFi.

Back