cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
paint color: green
size: full-size
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
type: sedan

Whatever you do to these cars in traffic is better than the fate that awaits them.

1986 Chrysler fifth avenue 2500 obo- $3000 hide this posting
image 1 of 5
00D0D_2EVJMQSfXUb_600x450.jpg

00D0D_2EVJMQSfXUb_50x50c.jpg
00707_2n1ONObOoeH_50x50c.jpg
00606_84aF25gPJin_50x50c.jpg
00V0V_2ZYT2SbV4FN_50x50c.jpg
01414_lKHXu8XHd3m_50x50c.jpg

1986 Chrysler fifth avenue

condition: good
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
paint color: blue
size: full-size
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
type: sedan

1986 Chrysler fifth avenue very very low rust, runs and drives great, all maintenance has been done on time and had a tune up a few months ago Aswell as brand new white wall tires all the way around less than a 1,000 miles ago, alignment and a inspection of the front and back end to make sure nothing needed to be replaced (new tires are not in pictures can take more if needed) and a new kenwood sterio
122,xxx miles will go up as it's currently my daily driver
looking for $3000 obo or possible trades for another vehicle.

Is that in one of your cars? Or just showing the soon to be driving grounds?

I took that two weeks ago in my happy place . I was driving a Pacifica heading South on 15 doing 90 miles an hour. It was about 9 930 Saturday morning. Look at all that traffic ....

I hate it here. YES I DO MEAN HATE

i dont enjoy driving anymore at all :( it has become so overpopulated here that any time of the day, any day of the week there is traffic. I am currently fixing a stalling situation and can never really take my car out and try because there is just too much traffic everywhere. its annoying. Maybe at 3 or 4am would work...

Bingo!

I live in Eau Claire, WI.
Beautiful any direction I travel.
John Modl
MVIMG_20180605_175601.jpg

20171019_175055.jpg

Enjoyed driving the 65 300 this weekend. Off through the Wisconsin countryside looking for Halloween decorations.

Taking the 70 300 this weekend and doing the same but with the top down.

Car shows are great but I have come to appreciate the drive more.View attachment 214006
I have to agree, driving is better, the thing with a car show is you might see something new. Seeing that 1967 Barracuda was worth the trip for me, a real time capsule. I do have several road trips planned if and when I finish my car. Some beautiful cars and country side in this post.

i have yet taken my car to a show and shine, since i've owned it

Totally agree, I much prefer to drive, plus I live in a great area. One mile in one direction I am on a highway or turn the preferred way I have miles of this.

20842219_1610498072315217_8713843507742418519_n.jpg

sunset goldie.jpg

I had a charging issue right before I left overseas. I decided to park it and I’d fix it when I got back. It seems in the last month since I got back I’ve driven either of the cars maybe 2 times.

It seems I spend more time with the hoods up then with them down unfortunately

NC motorways are by far the most boring roads I’ve ever been on. But at least their smooth

5F130931-E961-474D-8784-8163A1317A83.jpeg

17DC6DA7-C273-4985-BFFC-EA19D28D52B3.jpeg

Last edited:
Totally agree, if they are just garage art they are a waste of money. The worst thing you can do to an old car is not use it.

View attachment 214012
Just drove 1000+ miles in the Fury, 8 1/2 hours each way to FL and back just stopping for gas, getting away from the storm that missed us. All summer I have been driving it a lot and it just seems to run better and better.

I look forward to driving mine every weekend - usually ferrying the kids around to their events. Driving in the Northern Virginia suburbs isn't that bad but the other drivers can be a pain. Everyone is so impatient around here....I get honked at sometimes for no reason other than just being in front of someone. It's not like I'm driving that slow.

Sometimes I wish I had a secondary exhaust system that I could use to blow thick black smoke onto the idiot behind me.

Sometimes I wish I had a secondary exhaust system that I could use to blow thick black smoke onto the idiot behind me.
Black smoke?? No fun - put a spark plug in your straight back exhaust and melt their grille if they get too close to you. They used to be dangerous back in the 60's, can you imagine what they'd do to one of today's plastic cars??? BwaaHaaa

Totally agree, if they are just garage art they are a waste of money. The worst thing you can do to an old car is not use it.
Ironically, my T&C "hobby car" keeps getting pressed into service as a commuter car when my newer rides break down. (That's in part 'cause the T&C is EZer to work on. It's in part because I love driving it.)

OTOH, if it had rained any more in my neck of the woods a couple of weeks ago, I might have wanted an Amphicar:
IMG_0747.JPG

IMG_0745.JPG

Yeah, it really depends where you live. Driving an old car can be super stressful in a city.

So true and especially so in the Bay Area. I do have a two lane each direction highway I can drive for about 10 miles back and forth with very little traffic on the weekend. Yet it is the same drive over and over basically to exercise the car.

I am supposed to drive to Las Vegas for four days over New Years but traffic out of Vegas is heavy on returning so I am taking the LeSabre. However, I'm thinking of taking a road trip during my son's spring break next April. It would be from the Bay Area, out to south of Reno and then drive Highway 395 down east of the Sierras to around Death Valley before heading over to Bakersfield and back up to home. Question is which car for maybe 5 days.

Road Trip: Historic Highway 395 - Google My Maps

Back